Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Slug guns

big country 04

Thinking about getting a different slug gun for next year, anybody have the savage 220F? Also Has anybody had that tarhunt rebuild thier 870 in his custom shop? I heard good things about both gun just don't know anyone personally that has either one. I thought about getting that savage, but do like my 870 just wanting something a little more custom to set up as a strict slug gun that can shoot a longer distance more accurate.

Thanks

Thanks

Anyone else have any feedback? I see remington is making 870 sps shurshot slug gun with a pinned barrel and tapped receiver. I like the looks of the gun and its a little less expensive then the tarhunt 870 build. Anybody shot this 870? I didn't see if in the info if it has a custom trigger?

I recently got an H&R single shot 20 gauge, its a heavy barrel gun thats rifled, slapped a shotgun scope on it and its so far the most accurate slug gun ive ever shot, my girlfriends brother smacked a buck this youth season at 275 yards with it. You lose the whole multiple rounds deal but its deadly accurate

i actually do have the 870 super slug. the trigger is really smooth. you can squeeze off a shot like a rifle, not all gritty and draggy like a regular shot gun trigger that you have to slap at. i haven't shot it too much. going to dial it in this weekend. before i won this gun, i was really wanting to give the savage a shot. the H&R slug gun was also on my list. heard nothing but great reviews on them. my style of hunting doesn't work well with a single shot.......but i really want one of them

I've shot two of the Tarhunt bolt action 20 guages with lightfield slugs. These slugs were designed by tarhunt to be shot in tarhunt guns. Both shot 3 shot groups under an inch at 100..................ck

Guns

I would love to have a Tarhunt gun, I thought about sending my 870 out to him to setup. I think I am going to give the Savage a try, all the reviews I ready seem pretty favorable. Maybe when a few more bills get paid off I will get that tarhunt bolt action.

Thanks for all the feedback.

For not a lot more I went with the Remington 11-87. We also do some sitting and a few drives, and I guess I have gotten pretty lazy and used to the semi auto. It is also one of the few semi auto shotguns that they make a cantilevered rifled slug barrel for.

I got a savage 220 last year for my uncle. Hes been hunting for over 40 years and is usually one of those guys that is just out there to be out there rarely pulls the trigger passes on alot of nice bucks. Last year he shot a big ten twice at over 175 yards. Loves the gun. He went and shot it last weekend and i have never seen him so excited about an upcoming shotgun season. Just be careful if you want to put a shotgun scope on it you have to get a special base because the action is to long for the short shotgun scope tube.

I shoot the savage 20 with a nikon bdc scope... It is in a league by itself, legitimate 200 yd slug gun with hornady rounds.

We do a lot of sitting when hunting but also do a few drives thats why I am having problems deciding.

When doing drives, I sling my muzzleloader across my back and carry my 870, when sitting, I have my muzzleloader in the shooting sticks and the 870 laying on the ground next to it.

Thanks for the help

The scope on drives doesn't bother me I just like a fast 2nd shot. LOL Thanks for the scope info, I am looking at some leoupolds for it. I will pick it up friday thanks again for all the info.

That's cool. I also read that each gun likes a different brand of ammo and that one hole 3 shot groups at 100 yds are common. Would love to try something like that on long range coyotes................ck

Savage 20 GA Bolt

I've read that a lot of the 220's have ejection issues. Never shot one tho. They sound to be very accurate..........ck

So far so good on my new Savage. I have never been so confident in a slug gun. The Dec 3rd weekend in Iowa will be a good test for the gun (I hope). If I miss with this gun, there will be no excuses:D...pressure is on!

Anyone buy one of the new Browning A-bolts shotguns? Back in the day they were awesome before they quit making them and the new ones look pretty sweet.

i have a older browning abolt..i absolutly love it its bolt action with a scope i have it sighted in for a hundred yards and its dead on with the expensive sabots and i am having trouble remeber wat they are but i wana say they are winchester something.

Top Bottom