Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Slug guns

My favorite slug gun I ever shot was a 11-87 with a hastings cantilever barrel. The thing is an absolute tack driver. Thinking about taking it versus the muzz 1st season for the timber hunting I am doing.

Savage Report

Ok, bought my savage nov 25 with optics and everything, It shot horrible, I ended up changing optics and grouping at about 1.5in groups at 100yds with it. I haven't had a chance to try different ammo out of it. I have never had a brand new scope be bad like that. I am glad I tried another scope before beating the gun against a tree. I would reccommend the savage 220 to anyone. The only thing I am a little disappointed in is the shell ejection, but I have noticed the more I have shot the gun the better the shells come out. Iowa City scheels has the 220 for $400 as of yesterday if anyone is looking for one.

I have been using a Mossberg 9200 with cantilever barrel (mossberg brand), when I bought this gun it was a close out with a camo barrel (turkey special).
I ordered the slug barrel thought I had a fairly cheap set-up and I would replace it when money was better. That was 13 years ago, I can't think of how many deer and turkey she has taken. That is one gun I wil never replace.

My dad uses a Mossberg Slug gun with the clip, he is 70 and still uses open sights and have never heard him complain about that gun either.

I have been pretty happy with the Mossberg guns.

A slug gun that I've had the chance to shoot this season and honestly, it's THE most impressive slug gun I've ever seen to date..... the T/C Encore Pro Hunter with the 28" Fluted Sug barrel! WOW, what a shooter! This baby stacks a clover leaf cluster shot group at 100 yards and does so with the class a hunter would expect from an Encore!

Top Bottom