Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Slug Scope

socker1485

So I ended up buying a Reminton 870 Express Slug with Cantilever barrel. Now comes the decision on what scope to put on it. I was looking at the Nikon Slug Hunter at Scheels. Last years model has a 2-7 zoom and a 3.8 in eye relief and 32 mm objective. This years model is 3-9 zoom and a 5 in eye relief and 40 mm objective.
I am leaning towards this years model but and nervous that the 3 times zoom will be too much for close shots. I like the longer eye relief and bigger objective collecting more light. Anyone have any experience or preference?

I would go with 3x9x40. 32mm objective is too small in my opinion. I have never had an issue with 3 power on close shots or running deer.

I would go with 3x9x40. 32mm objective is too small in my opinion. I have never had an issue with 3 power on close shots or running deer.

X2, although I can't say anything about running deer. I can say close shots with 3 power works fine. Also, I have see through scope rings and can use my iron sites on my slug gun if need be.

Top Bottom