Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Smart phone card readers

Has anyone found an SD card reader that you can plug right into a smartphone? Would really like to look through cards while out in the field without having to carry another gadget around. Thanks.

I bought one off of amazon last year that works pretty good. I just don't like the way my phone displays the pics. The brand is ikross.

http://whitetailr.com/product/phonereadr/

I sell and use this. At first I was disappointed because I couldn't scroll thru the pics. I had to look at one back out and click on another. Finally found an app (File Manager HD) that allows me to scroll thru the whole card without saving all the pics first. Works like a charm and plays videos too...

That's an awesome looking product, JJ, and the app to go with it, too! I've been telling my wife I need to get something so I can read my cards in the field. Will have to show her this!

JJ the web site doesn't show a iPhone on the list. Do you know if a iPhone will work with it if not I'll have to get a Rave 4 or 5 Thanks

Thanks for the heads up on that app JJ. I got a $3 cheapie off ebay that works, but I never use it for the simple fact you can't scroll through the pics. Each one you have to back out of and go to a different thumbnail.

JJ the web site doesn't show a iPhone on the list. Do you know if a iPhone will work with it if not I'll have to get a Rave 4 or 5 Thanks
Interested also if iPhone is an option? And what exact app is being used to scroll? Sent from my iPhone using IW

Last edited:
On a different forum people are say the RAVPower will work for the iPhone will probably have to go that route

Thinking I might just go with Apple lightening to sd card reader. Most are listed at $30 but thinking I can find one for half that.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Thinking I might just go with Apple lightening to sd card reader. Most are listed at $30 but thinking I can find one for half that.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Tried the apple lighting cable on my iPhone 6 Plus last season did not work, unless they have update anything in the software(iOS) it only worked on my iPad mini.

On a different forum people are say the RAVPower will work for the iPhone will probably have to go that route
I use the RAVpower and it works good for me. They updated the app this year so you can save the photo straight to your IPad or IPhone

The WhitetailR one does not work for iphones. The app I use to scroll pics etc. is File Manager HD.

I use the RAVpower and it works good for me. They updated the app this year so you can save the photo straight to your IPad or IPhone
so you have something for the iPhone? What is the name of it if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for a card reader for my iPhone or iPad... I have the apple lightening but it sucks cause you have to download all the images or look at them as thumbnails! Thanks

so you have something for the iPhone? What is the name of it if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking for a card reader for my iPhone or iPad... I have the apple lightening but it sucks cause you have to download all the images or look at them as thumbnails! Thanks

With all those giants you have on camera looking at thumbnails would be fine.

RAVpower Wireless Filehub it's the white one

Top Bottom