Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Smart Phone! Who has one?

DOR

Life Member
In the process of developing a Smart Phone hunting App. Who has one of these types of phones? Who doesnt? Who takes it with them in the woods?

I own one and take it with me into the woods. I kill time with it and often check the weather.com site while in the tree. A great tool for the "modern" hunter.

Although I do feel strange when hunting with my homemade arrows and stick bow....with phone in pocket :eek:

Mine ALWAYS comes with me.
Great for weather tracking, and watching how/when/where storms are coming in. Plus my weather app has a wind predictor :way:
I also use my google maps, and GPS functions.
Last weekend I was hunting 2nd shotgun and got turned around on a property, then I used my phone to see where I was, and got back on track.

Also please post what phone you have. Thanks:D:D
I roll with a Blackberry right now....might be changing to a droid

I always have mine with me. I can keep up with work emails and no one knows I'm really sitting in a tree. Moto Q.

I'm runnin a BB Curve 8530
The apps i use the most are:
1) The Weather Channel
2) Google Maps
3) Black Star (GPS app)
:drink2:

I have an android.. like it, however touch screen really sucks for hunting when I have gloves on because it has heat recognition... my favorite app is back country navigator... awesome aerial photos and its a lot faster than lookin them up on a web search... I also have an antler scoring app which is pretty cool but I haven't used it yet

Blackberry Tour right now since that is what work gives me. Would rather have the Droid X. I use the phone all the time for hunting for aerials, weather, sunrise/sunset.. The only thing that sucks with the internet for my phone is the battery gets drained fast. I usually carry two batteries for all day sits.

OMG WTF a phone for hunting? ROFLMAO.

I use a BB of some sort, if I cared I'd figure out the model but it has a track ball. Impossible to use with gloves. Still carry it with GPS enabled in the off chance that I fall outta my ladder stand.

I have a couple of weather links for wind/temp/time. It was a thrill this fall when I was hunting with a friend at his place when my son called. In a loud voice he said "I just got a buck" I said, in a whisper, 'I'm hunting at X's place". Then in a whisper he said "He is a big one and he is down where I can see him". Funny part is, his buck was down, in sight and he didn't need to whisper but he did anyway as if his voice could chase away any deer in my area.

HTC Desire...just got it this year. Powered by Droid.

Didn't think I'd like the 100% touch screen, but even when my big fingers miss the letter, it always corrects the word for me...I guess that's why they call it a smart phone... :D

I have a Samsung Moment using Sprint as a provider.

I was in an area with poor signal today, the battery was getting eaten big time so I shut it off to preserve battery.

There have been many hunts this fall where I have not had digital (internet) service.

Damn look at all you technolgy buffs! My phone is about 3 years old and way back when i got it, it was considered obsolete technology for that time. Even if I had a smart phone i wouldnt know how to use it.

Top Bottom