Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Smartphone Bow mount??

Wiggleworm

Anybody ever used one before? I've been researching them online and havent found any i like so far. Thinking of making my own and see how it goes. Just testing the water to see if anyone has had any success using one before. Likes and dislikes about yours? Thanks.

Wiggleworm said:
Anybody ever used one before? I've been researching them online and havent found any i like so far. Thinking of making my own and see how it goes. Just testing the water to see if anyone has had any success using one before. Likes and dislikes about yours? Thanks.

Get several Popsicle sticks and some duct tape. Slap her on there.

Cooter said:
Is this a joke?

I've seen them. Thought they were a joke then.

-}}}---------->

No joke. Just think it would be an easy and cheap way to film my hunt is all. Same as a cam/stabilizer .

I've seen some pics of ones made with an otter box belt clip. I'm going to try it out for turkey season

I've seen some pics of ones made with an otter box belt clip. I'm going to try it out for turkey season

This is what I did with mine. I took the otter box back piece, stuck it inside the rubber and then on the belt clip. Then traced the circles with a mechanical pencil and drilled them out. Haven't tried it in the field but the camera works great at home. I'll prolly just cut a piece a 1/8 in aluminum with a hole for the stabilizer mount then clip it on. Also it should work if I clip it to the blind for these gobblers in a couple weeks.

Soory was April fools day. I have taken video with my phone from the tree. Not very good fotage. Like stated earlier it is also my main source for killing time.

Mobil Cooter using IW

Depends on the phone. I recorded lots of little bucks around my decoy this year and think they turned out pretty good. Never tried one a long ways out but i was surprised at how decent it was. Compared to those $100-150 little action cams if seen footage from, I would rather use my phone!

My droid RAZR shoots pretty good out to 20-25 yards in full 1080p. Probably not great in low light conditions without the light but like said above it passes for someone who doesn't want to spend money on another cam.

Oh do tell which cell phone shoots the best video. I know G3 doesn't look good from 25' up 20yds out.

Here is some video from my phone. Not that bad I guess but compaired to my camera it looks like crap. I'm sure if you zoomed in it would only get worse.
http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid875.photobucket.com/albums/ab312/Cooter2575/20121102_073815_zpsa3ea91a7.mp4

Mobil Cooter using IW

The quality if video your phone shoots has nothing to do with if its 3G or 4G. Its dependant on the camera quality. Get a phone that shoots 1080 and it should do decent. But regardless, cell phones aren't made to shoot quality hunting videos.

The quality if video your phone shoots has nothing to do with if its 3G or 4G. Its dependant on the camera quality. Get a phone that shoots 1080 and it should do decent. But regardless, cell phones aren't made to shoot quality hunting videos.

See how the G is infront of the 3...... Short for Galaxy 3 sorry for the confusion. I do know that how many Gigs it is doesn't affect the video quality.

Mobil Cooter using IW

Yeah Cooter thats pretty grainy/blurry whatever. Mine is a motorola with 1080 video and I would think yours is to? Mine looks way more clear on my phone anyway, never uploaded onto computer. To each there own I use mine to paly games also. Just tried it out last year which is the first year I used a decoy. Hoped a little bigger one was going to come than actually did and I would get to see some action! I would never use it on a mounted device on my bow. To much else to worry about when the time comes to wonder if it is going to fall off when I shoot and still work after.

Top Bottom