Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Smoking clothes

I cant stand the smell of smoke on my clothes when we visit family that smokes, or they visit us, not sure I'd be able to handle sitting in a tree smelling like an ash tray? Or is it a more subtle smoke smell?

Different smoke smell and I have honey bees so the smell is something I'm used to

How often are you re applying? Every time?

No, it depends on how much I sweat, etc. My clothes are hung out all night every night. It depends on the garment as well. I have merino wool that doesn't even get smoked until after I wear it a couple times, then a couple more wears then wash and repeat

Interesting concept, but man I am hesitant to do this because I love my wool clothes and they weren't cheap.

I can't imagine cold smoke would be harmful at all? I can't find any concerns anyway. Safer than ozone I would feel safe to say.

Hunter and I have done it, and yes, I do think it's effective. We used the "build a fire and hang clothes downwind" method as well. One thing I plan to do differently this year is to cut the length of time down. I would say most of the time I left them in the smoke for 30 minutes or so, and it probably alerted a couple of deer that a lesser time might not have. I'm thinking 5-10 minutes max this time around. We both noticed, however, that even when deer clearly did notice the smell that they very seldom spooked.

NWBuck

Top Bottom