Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

snagin

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
What is snagin, may I ask? If its anything like slump busting I'm out.
LMAO, slump bustin is just one step up from Hawgin. Gotta love college.
Back on subject, no I haven't ever snagged in the winter mainly due to the wintering holes around here are froze. But come first open water walleye fishing, we snag countless carp and other rough fish while vertical jigging for walleyes.

Where are you located? I know some guys hammer the buffalo during the winter below dams and in deep pockets close to shore on the Miss.

I usually snag red rock. Never usually snag during the winter although have cat fished it. I would think you could snag some carp this late, not sure though. Try it out and Let us know!

I have snagged red rock spillway many times during the winter- for me I have had the best luck in Feb/March when the ice was breaking up- but yes- go snagging there just below spillway past first inlet- should have great success!

I have snagged red rock spillway many times during the winter- for me I have had the best luck in Feb/March when the ice was breaking up- but yes- go snagging there just below spillway past first inlet- should have great success!

U prefer Knoxville or pella side on the red rock dam?

The west side Is better in my opinion, easier to get to and we have usually snagged are biggest carp there. The Both good snagging though

I havent got lucky enough but a budy of mine usually gets 1 or 2 every time we are out. I Saw one group snag about 10 and threw some back because of the limits. I dont know if they are in season now and have Never snagged them this late but i guess theirs a first for everything.

Im also in Keokuk county and snag both red rock and ottumwa. right now there isnt enough water at ottumwa to do a thing. never done any winter snaggin either. good luck

I've heard a lot of people cook there carp in spices...but I've never tried it! Heard it was super boney, but let me know How it goes I'd like to try some one day.

I've done it before in a brine and then smoke it and u pick thru the bones and get the good meat pretty tasty. I've also canned it which takes care of the bones and its just like canned salmon just seeing if anyone had some new ideas

U prefer Knoxville or pella side on the red rock dam?

Pella side has always been better for me- and in the spring time when it floods- there is the inlet that goes all the way back to where you can first park- GREAT snagging there and also amazing spot of stripers and large catfish as they go back there for the bait- just wade out in the weeds and have a ball!

I have seen a lot of spoonbill caught in the late spring early summer time there as well.

Pella side has always been better for me- and in the spring time when it floods- there is the inlet that goes all the way back to where you can first park- GREAT snagging there and also amazing spot of stripers and large catfish as they go back there for the bait- just wade out in the weeds and have a ball!

I have seen a lot of spoonbill caught in the late spring early summer time there as well.

Thanks for the info. Think it'll flood that far back there this year? Its been bone dry all summer if were talking bout the same spot

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom