Sneak-a-buck

Scooter1

Friend of mine arrowed this buck on Sunday. He does a lot of spot and stalk hunts and is getting pretty good at it, as you can see! He and his wife spotted this buck courting does in a field not far from their home in Grundy co, IA. Eventually it laid down in a fence row and Brett went to work, stalking for 2 hours before getting an arrow into him. The buck jumped up and ran to a fence crossing in the middle of the next section and stood for a long time, eventually crossing a highway to another section. They watched the buck through a spotting scope until it got dark, hoping it would expire before nightfall. He found it yesterday (monday 29th) after searching all day less than a mile from their home in a peet bog (the buck crossed back over the highway in the night)

picture.php

Both G2s are crab claws. Lots of character! 11 pointer I think.​

picture.php

:way:Congrats to your bud! Thats a dang nice buck! I'll bet there is not a handfull of guys on here that could pull that off!! :way::way:

Man I think that would be a kick-ass way to kill a buck. I gotta try that sometime. Tell him nice job for me!

Eye level with an old bruiser like that will make your heart try to jump out of your chest! Congrats to him on his successful stalk!:way:

One of these days I'm going to take to the ground for more spot and stalking. If I'm on the ground it's normally in a DB blind tucked under a pine tree or brushed in somewhere.

Back