Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sniping Deer

duckaholic

A fellow outdoorsman I work with was telling me that he read in a magazine what the city of Cedar Rapids is doing about there deer population problem. They hired sharp shooters to kill some 200 does. Said they were averaging 40-60 a night. Anybody else heard anything?
sniper.gif

Do you mean Iowa City... haven't heard anything about CR shooting deer.. but this is a normal occurance for Iowa City. They have a lot of deer in city limits.

jason

it was probalby iowa city. there was a big article in the iowa city newspaper on it. here's what i rememberr. there is 2 or 3 guys sharpshooting deer. they use corn as bait. the first night or two they did get around 30 or so deer each but it has dwindled. i believe this year they are already finished as they have hit their goal of NO MORE than 200 deer.

I heard a discussion on talk radio a few weeks ago about Iowa City hiring White Buffalo (http://www.whitebuffaloinc.org/) to shoot deer within city limits. From what I recall of the conversation, they use high power rifles and their success rate is 98%. It was mentioned that they only take head shots. The meat is then donated to local homeless shelters.

BiMo

The company is White Buffalo they have a website that describes costs and services. Pricey way to do it.

I have also heard that they are using high power rifles with silencers so Iowa City residents won't complain about noise. So of course they are just plugging them because the deer don't know where the heck the shots are coming from.

157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
sniper.gif

There was an artical in the Prss Citizen about 3 weeks ago about the sniping of deer. By the picture the guns looked like they are using are .22-250. They only take head shots... and they miss about 2 out of 50 shots. And All of the meat goes strait to shelters.

Top Bottom