Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Snow is Here!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Timber

Where are the deer? Where is everybody?
(We) as members need to fire this site up. If we can't talk about deer, lets talk about women. Anybody got any stories they would like to share? I don't mean to disclude the women members of this site but since the site went dormant, we need something to talk about. All women feel free to talk about lesbian experiences. What's the married life like? I wouldn't know.........I must be a "non-typical" male. I apologize for the sexual content.
BT

Big Timber, you asked what it was like being married. Well, its kinda like the rut--about once a year the "doe" is willing to breed! If I'm real lucky, there may be a second rut and I think once in the past 11 years of marriage, I had the unique and rare opportunity to experience a 3rd rut!! Three times in one year--that was a season to remember! Bye the way, only an inch or so of snow in my part of Southern MN. What's the snow doing in your parts?

Big Timber,
OK, was driving between Pleasant Hill and Altoona last night around 5:30pm saw nice buck and a doe.
Tonight driving on the new bypass between Altoona and Des Moines looked over in a field, low and behold 10 deer right on the other side of the fence just eating away.
Love deer spotting with snow on the ground.
Also have been talking and running around and have got two new hunting places for the up coming seasons. Working on a third.
So many places to hunt and not enough time.

I did like your comments, I remember when I had a non-typical frame.
The married life has sure cut down on the hunting time.
Well thats all to report for today,
BOWDUDE
(Shedhead, around Des Moines I would guess around 8 inches)

[This message has been edited by BOWDUDE (edited 01-31-2002).]

We got a foot of snow in Ottumwa! Can anyone beat that?

I like the responses,
In Ames, we've had about 8" of snow. Not quite as much as "Big Buck" but close. Part of my business is snow removal so you can probably see why I am happy. Shedhead, great response, made me laugh, sounds like the married life is rough, but also has benefits?
Bowdude,
Where do you live? I love going out after a fresh snow and scouting. Last year in January, I found a fresh deer bed underneath two of my stands!!!! All year long the deer bed East of my stands but as soon as I leave for the season, they taunt me. Imagine that, the deer are smarter then we think.
I appreciate the replies and good luck with the other sex.
I hope we can all get together for the deer classic and maybe have a round or two.
There isn't many people that share our enjoyment of hunting like we do. It's great to have a site like IAwhitetail to share thoughts/comments about anything.

Well, hope to see you guys at the deer classic and I will be looking forward to more good times.

BT

[This message has been edited by Big Timber (edited 02-01-2002).]

Big Timber.....appreciate coming home to a nice clean driveway, thanks!.....if it keeps snowing you'll be in good shape for a new toy...heehee...

Shot my first bow deer this year. I got back to my truck and the first thing I did was call my wife. Won't ever do it any different! (I also had to inform her that later that night she was going to be my designated driver. She didn't mind.) Love your stories and the site!

Big Timber,
I live in Pleasant Hill. I own some ground in Davis County, so thats where I do most of my hunting.
With a wife and five year old son, and another boy on the way I plan to hunt around home more this year. One of the places I just found is over by Newton. I can't wait to run over there for a little scouting trip.
Later,
Bowdude

Love the snow,about time.

West/Central Iowa anywhere from 8 - 10 inches.

uploaded020102.jpg

02/01/02-Is The Rut Really Over?-Photo by TLH.

I was driving back from Nashville, TN this past weekend after competing in a Bluegrass band contest and saw about 20-30 deer feeding in a nice green winter wheat field (I think). It was about 11:30 a.m. What a cool feeling. It took me back to my days in the tree stand in October and November and the buck that put me at full draw with no shot opportunity. I smiled and called my wife.

Top Bottom