Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Snow plow drivers

phunts

I drive plow for are city and I was wondering if any might have the same problem that we have. You see if you want to get off to deer hunt and they are calling for snow are boss wont let you off. There are other people that can cover for you but if you want to go on a trip theres no problem getting off just not to go deer hunting. Was just wondering how it works around the state.

I don't drive a snow plow nor am I on "weather call" but I'd like to take this opportunity to say THANKS to all the folks who keep the highways and byways clear and as safe as they can. Your sacrifices are above and beyond the call. The time you spend plowing is immeasurable in lives saved.

The ‘Bonker

My father plows in for a county in MN. He has no issues getting time off but unless your outta town on a planned trip you have to respond back to plow. He's missed several opening of firearms season due to snow fall.
However, my thoughts on the comment you made about getting time off is no big deal but to deer hunt is a problem.... Easy enough to take care of...time off is time off is time off. Either granted or denied regardless of reason why, boss asks why say personal business EVERYTIME.

My guess is that a lot of people that drive plows are outdoorsmen and they all want to take off work when the snow comes to go deer hunting, duck hunting, coyote hunting, etc. So the boss just said no to everyone to keep it fair.

At least that's what I would do as the boss.

Top Bottom