Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Snyder Turkey!

Jethro

I amposting this for a friend of mine. Me and him went out this morning. At 4:45 we heard a gobbler about two hundred yards away gobbling his head off. Double & triple gobbling. We moved closer to him and came to a bean field. It's 5:10 and he's already in the field 100 - 120 yards yards out in full strut and gobbling at everything that makes a noise. We crawled to an opening at the edge of the timber and sat down. It's now around 5:25. I tree yelped and before the second yelp he cut me off with a double gobble. He started heading for us slowly. A few minutes later i purred and clucked he immedialty gobbled back at us and continued toward us. By 5:45 he'd closed the gap to about 50-60 yards but hung up there. For the next 30 minutes he strutted and gobbled at evrything i gave him and everything that made a noise. Finally around 6:10 he went out of strut and started walking toward us gobbling about every forth step. after waiting for him to walk into the opening my buddy took him at 28 steps. He weighed 24.5 lbs had a 10 3/4" beard and one spur measured 1 1/2" and the other 1 1/8". Now the funny part is this is the first time he has been out this year. He goes and hunts one time for one hour with tree days left and kills a boss tom. The luck of some guys. I will admit though it was a great hunt. I bet he gobbled at least fifty to sixty times in that hour.Well i just thought i'd share the story. Good luck to all who are going this weekend.
waytogo.gif

Last edited:
Great story! Thanks for sharing another great turkey hunt. Sounds like your friend had a great guide to assist with his first day luck.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom