Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

So close...(BBD?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If theres any water check there, alot of times if they can make it they will go lay in water. Ive found a few bucks layin in water bad shots and good. Good luck keep us posted

Not a single fricking drop...I made a 300 yard circle from where I shot him (walked all the rows) not a single drop of blood. Smelled a awful smell and made a 100 yard circle there twice and nothing.

Depending on how big the cornfield is could be tough to find or even smell him. He should be dead though. Good luck kid.

Slow down... Go back to the spot, inch by inch. If you had blood on your shoes... Theres blood.

Coyotes probably bump him out of there is a bad smell somthing is dead in 3 hours you should not of covered that much ground it's not a sprint to the finish slow down.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Go back to the spot where you picked up the smell..find the smell, then proceed directly into the wind until you find the source.. hopefully your buck

I'm not a betting man, but I'd put money on there being a dead deer out there. Like the others have said, slow down a bit. That smell had to come from something, find it. Logic would say it came from your deer. Get some buddies and file through every row of that field. Good luck man we're all routing for ya!

Ya, if you smell something really bad, that is your deer.. Stay in that area and pick it over. Get down wind of it and stay in the stink and you'll probably walk right up to it. Good luck..

Yeah, over 190% sure it's not mine. It's been dead for weeks.

EDIT: Had blood around it's mouth area and eyes were red too. Is that EHD?

TeenageHunter said:
Yeah, over 190% sure it's not mine. It's been dead for weeks.

EDIT: Had blood around it's mouth area and eyes were red too. Is that EHD?

Ha I'm just messing, stick to it....

OK...so you shot him at 15 yds with a 12ga and Rifled Hollow Point Slugs.
In my experience at that distance with a 12 ga...if you hit him there would be alot of hair at the spot he was standing.Quite a lot of hair.Did it sound like you hit him?
Again...in my experiences...you can usually hear that solid THUD when you hit them with that much force.

Maybe you did miss..I dont know.Just trying to help figure it out.
Dont give up.Good luck and keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom