Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

So what was the best time to be in the woods this

RTN

season. Just curious. In case I need to do a little tweaking for my next trip up. (Whenever that might be)

I have my best luck durring the week of Halloween. The big boys seem to be really working their new scrapes.
Hunt on All4s

For me it was thanksgiving weekend. Thats when I saw most of my big bucks. There was still a few big deer chasing does, but it seemed a lot of young deer still chasing.

Hunted three states from oct 26 thru nov 7th. scored in SE MN on Oct 26th, My buddy scored in iowa on halloween, I scored in iowa nov 4. Went to kansas and my buddy got one nov 6 and i shot mine nov 7. I then went wisconsin and blew a fine oppurtunity on the 9th and did not see another shooter for the remaining 10 or so days there in WI. So i would say early was best for us.
smile.gif

I definitely saw the best bucks from October 25 Through Nov. 7th. Where I hunt the buck to doe ratio is way out of whack so when they actually start breeding, they are not moving too much. They don't have to go far to find a doe in estrous when the time is right. In my book, chase phase=prime time. Can't wait til next year!

This year the first weekend of november was the best. I almost got a 180 class 12 pointer, and my buddy got a real good look at a 200 class buck, and then another friend missed a 180-190 inch buck that had been hit moments earlier by another hunter who didnt even bother to look for him. i guess shotgun hunters found the monster 12 dead and tagged it with a doe tag, but that is a rumor i dont know if is true yet
frown.gif

The past 3 years I have taken bucks on, NOV 22nd 2001, NOV 22 2002, and NOV 22nd 2003. I know when I'm going out next season...

I saw the most deer the week before halloween. Bucks seemed to be pretty receptive to calling the second weekend in Nov. To me I like to be out as much as possible from the last week of October until the end of season. You can't fill the freezer from the couch!

Nov. 5 - 20th Seems like the bucks come crawling out of the woods! Year in and year out for the midwest, you can't beat that time of year.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom