Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Softwear? how to get still picture from mpeg?

arrow flinger

Life Member
Ok i have had a tone of fun this year with trail cams. I being darn near computer iliterate cant figure out how to get a still picture from my mpeg clips. Anyone know of good softwear to use to capture stills from video? I have pinnacle studio and somehow the mpeg format from my moultrie camras will not work with the program.... either that or i am doing something wrong... Any help would be apriciated.
thanks,
Josh

Well... I now have my answer... for those of you wondering like i was... the program quicktime pro alows you to take stills from video clips. You can download quicktime player for free from the apple sight and then for $29.99 you can upgrade the free version to quicktime pro. With the pro version i am now able to turn my 5 second video clip into a 51 piece picture sequence. Needless to say now my 5 sec clips are alot better than a trailcam set up with a 3 shot burst. I have not played yet with my 15 and 30 second clips yet but i can only imagine how many pictures that gets me! Anyway hope this helps anybody out there wondering like i was.

Top Bottom