Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Some people take for granted what they have.

dac

I have been walking around quite a bit on public land now that the seasons are over and I find it quite disturbing the amount of trash I find. And am not talking right off of the road way even though that seems to be the favorite dumping place for deer carcasses which wouldn't be as bad except for the garbage bags that they are in and the several pairs of rubber gloves discarded with it. I have also learned that drinking while hunting must be common place the amount of beer cans I find is amazing I would like too think this is just some kids, but when you are a half to three quarters of a mile in I have my doubts. I try too carry out as much as I can but I guess am going to have too take a trash bag with me from now on. Sorry for the rant it just bothers me when people have no respect for something and take it for granted.

I know exactley what u mean, i hunt alot of public ground in madison co. And its disgusting. Shotgun shells everywhere, and i find lots of alcohol bottles, i even found an empty under one of my stands that wasnt there the day before. Just disrespect

I think most of the beer cans are from mushroom hunters.. I've had a few beers while mushroom hunting but always put the empties in a backpack or in the mushroom bag.. Around here, almost all of our public ground is river bottom ground.. Talk about trash EVERYWHERE.. The floods just keep piling it up. They should take some of the local prisoners out there and clean up the flood garbage.

I follow you guys. I have been know to drink acouple "yummies" while shed hunting, but I always crush my tans and put them in my back pack. Most of the time, I leave the woods with more cans then I drank....and this is on my own land. I would like to see what they would say if you threw down a beer can on THEIR land and didn't pick it up!!!!

Same thing goes on out here on public lands (Federal and state). Makes me sick to my stomach. I've carried out more trash from others than I care to remember.

I hunt private ground and there are very few people that hunt it. I am always picking up others trash. I usually know who's it is so I call them out about it and they always say either it wasnt me or I didn't know it fell out of my pocket. I would hate for the land owner to see it and lose my hunting ground. It's just lazy, disrespectful people.

I hunt private ground and there are very few people that hunt it. I am always picking up others trash. I usually know who's it is so I call them out about it and they always say either it wasnt me or I didn't know it fell out of my pocket. I would hate for the land owner to see it and lose my hunting ground. It's just lazy, disrespectful people.
exactly, its the same way with some fishing ponds i go to, beer cans, water bottles, fishing line, lure rappers, most people are just fat, stupid, and lazy. just drives me crazy.

Great post!:way: We've not allowed a group of shotgunners on our ground for several years just because of this issue. One Spring I picked up 2- 50 gallon drums of trash (candy bar wrappers, beer cans, guttting gloves, etc.) Pissed my father and myself off to no end. This is the # 1 reason in my book that will get you to keep / get permission on ground. If people would just take with them what they bring in, it wouldnt be an issue. But alot of people just don't give a crap. Public ground I've walked is even worse.

I have been walking around quite a bit on public land now that the seasons are over and I find it quite disturbing the amount of trash I find. And am not talking right off of the road way even though that seems to be the favorite dumping place for deer carcasses which wouldn't be as bad except for the garbage bags that they are in and the several pairs of rubber gloves discarded with it. I have also learned that drinking while hunting must be common place the amount of beer cans I find is amazing I would like too think this is just some kids, but when you are a half to three quarters of a mile in I have my doubts. I try too carry out as much as I can but I guess am going to have too take a trash bag with me from now on. Sorry for the rant it just bothers me when people have no respect for something and take it for granted.

Welcome to the Iowa shotgun season!!!!! :thrwrck:

The problem is not what they have, it's what they don't, and will never have ! So it's okay to dump on it!!

Last edited:
The one that really drives me crazy is below the coralville damn. you pretty much have to wade through the trash to get out to the sandbar. I don't understand people. This summer I am bringing trash bags. A guy can only carry out so much.

I see all kinds of trash on public ground. Even private ground where I hunt, somebody left their rubber gloves, plastic bag, and other junk around from when they field dressed a deer.

Thanks for the reminder, now that the season is over, and I need some excersise, im gonna grab my trash bag and go do some cleanup this weekend!

Great post!:way: We've not allowed a group of shotgunners on our ground for several years just because of this issue. One Spring I picked up 2- 50 gallon drums of trash (candy bar wrappers, beer cans, guttting gloves, etc.) Pissed my father and myself off to no end. This is the # 1 reason in my book that will get you to keep / get permission on ground. If people would just take with them what they bring in, it wouldnt be an issue. But alot of people just don't give a crap. Public ground I've walked is even worse.

Two 50 gallon drums full of trash? I assume that was several seasons worth? That's a lot of wrappers, cans, and gloves.

Just announced on the local news: A wildfire burning in the forest near Williams, AZ IN FEBRUARY (tell you how dry we are?) was likely caused by some moron who cleaned out their fire place and dumped hot ashes in the tinder-dry forest. SERIOUSLY??? How hard is it to pour water on them before dumping them? :thrwrck: Unfortunately, this is a regular occurrence out here, along with not properly extinguishing campfires. We've had one of the hottest, driest winters in a long time and there are people who will never get it. They will also be the same idiots complaining when all public lands are closed to entry due to high fire danger and then criticizing all land management agencies for the decisions they make and how wildfires are managed. It makes me sick to think I have to risk my life to fight a wildfire for (because of) these people. :mad:

To all of you that are taking trash bags with you to clean areas up, I applaud you and appreicate what you do! :way:

Two 50 gallon drums full of trash? I assume that was several seasons worth? That's a lot of wrappers, cans, and gloves.

Nope one season. Two different groups( one group first season and a group second season) of 20 or more guys on a square mile of ground. Some people just have no respect for others property.

:moon:
Welcome to the Iowa shotgun season!!!!! :thrwrck:

The problem is not what they have, it's what they don't, and will never have ! So it's okay to dump on it!!
here we go again with the almighty bowhunter thinking he's better than eveyone else, you're a tool.

:moon: here we go again with the almighty bowhunter thinking he's better than eveyone else, you're a tool.

:D Yea! but I go in the woods for more than a a beer party and a reunion of the cast of Deliverence!! I also have more than one tooth!!! :way:

If you hurry up and have a thought, you will have 20 post on here!! Thanks for your time! Next!!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom