Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Someones disappointed

And I'm one of them this year. Broadside shot and straight to the shoulder.

That looks like a pretty decent shot. Deer got lucky.

That's what I was thinking too. ^^ Well, actually I think it looks a little high, but I sure wouldn't have thought that the arrow would have been blocked by the shoulder blade there. I wonder if what we are seeing is the aftermath of a shot that was not broadside, but perhaps at a bad angle, or maybe the result of an arrow deflection, and the wound is not deep?? Because I would think an arrow in the body cavity there would spell "dead deer".

If you look close at the second picture you can see a high entrance wound on his left side. I t shows up better on some other pictures I have.

If you look close at the second picture you can see a high entrance wound on his left side. I t shows up better on some other pictures I have.

OK, gotcha, so someone had a high hit, a "backstrap buster" so to speak. Given that info, I would say that this deer will likely survive.

Shot appears to be a little high as well as shot from above at steep down angle. "Close, but no cigar." Nothing hit but meat. Bleeds freely for a hundred yards or so & then dries up. Been there, done that, but not this year, so it's not mine this time. ;) He'll be fine.

Oh, I didn't see the entrance was actually on second pic. Very high. I thought entrance was on first pic and no exit on second.

I think this is a hilarious picture to get on your cam. I'll tell ya for sure that I would be walking around with any shot from arrow heads these days. Tough critters

Top Bottom