Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sons first deer Iowa Youth Season

hunthoyt

This was my sons first deer taken opening morning of the 2014 Iowa youth season. He has joined me many times while Ive been out and also helped me with checking trail cams and planting food plots, and after turning 9 we decided it was time for me to take him out. We were sitting on a food plot that we have many pictures of mature bucks visiting regularly however when the first two does walked out he looked at me and said dad I want to shoot the big doe. I asked if he was sure and if he wanted to wait to see if a buck would come out being that it was only 6:35. He looked at me and said "No dad, I want to shoot the big doe" She was standing at 60 yards slightly quartering to us when he shot and it was perfect. She ran 35 yards and piled up. To say I was the proudest dad in the world at that moment was an understatement. We shared many high fives and hugs and this will be a memory I will never forget.
picture.php

picture.php

Top Bottom