Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Son's turkey

Palmated

We got up late as usual and I stepped out on the front poach and heard a gobbling chorus surround our farm. I got my son and told him to hurry up and get ready. We decided to head north of the house where there has been turkeys everyday at about 8:00 am. As we are walking out to the timber I looked out in the crp and spot a tom and a hen about 400 yards in a open field. We dropped our blind and decided to put a spot and stalk on him. We head south and stalk them. We got about 150 yards away and we spot him strutting on top of the hill. We laid low for a little bit and watch as he headed over the hill away from us. As soon as he was out of site we headed straight for where he was on top of the hill. As we were approaching the crest of the hill I spotted his fan. We ducked down and my son started a crawl on his knee's. He got to the top of the hill and looked back at me and gave me the peace symbol which meant there were two there. I told him to take the biggest. He continued on his crawl when I seen him bring his gun up and fire. I jumped up to see what he had shot and all I could see was turkeys running. 30 in all. Then I noticed one flopping around and my son standing next to him with a big Grin on his face. He had only seen the two, a tom and a jake plus the hen and didn't even see the rest of them. We started the stalk at 6:35 and he shot it at 7:05. It had a 9.5" beard, 1 1/8" spurs and weighed in at 24 lbs. After we got back to the house he said now all we have to do the rest of the day was fish. I'll try to post the pictures.

Last edited:
Top Bottom