Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sony S40 Troubleshooting

guitarzan

Bought a game camera kit from Whitetail Supply complete with XLP controller. Wired it up and tried it out this weekend around the house using my S40 Sony. Had someone Whitetail Supply recommended to do the hack on the camera. Everything seems to work fine except the flash. The flash never works when it's plugged in. Triggers, takes pictures, no flash. Camera works fine independently. Checked with Whitetail Supply, they say setup in camera is ok and wiring of the plug to the controller is ok and should be working. My thinking is it's either in the hack or the controller?? Any suggestions??

It cant be the controller. Can you put the camera into a force flash mode and then try it?

Otherwise what settings do you have the camera on?

Unfortunately I don't know much about the camera. I don't know how to force a flash. I don't have the camera with me and what I remember is what Whitetail Supply told me and that was to set the "ISO" to "AUTO", which it already was. They said that was what controlled the flash on an S40. Other than that I followed their recommended settings off of their site.

Who knew white would be wired common?? Had 2 wires crossed. I sat down last night and started jumping wires and rewiring. Since I had someone do the hack I didn't know for sure what was wired how. Now it's working perfectly. I'll have to get some pics and try to figure out how to post them. Thanks to all for the help.

Top Bottom