Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sorry!!!! I failed at life…. Redemption??

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all - sorry on the website snags!!!!! Thought it was right when launching but clearly few things got missed. Nextbuk got new web developers to help get this right & wait until it’s perfect before relaunching.
My dog ran away. My wife left me. My skills at hunting are non-existent. I got beat up last week by a group of 6 graders. Website didn’t launch seamlessly. Life is just tough!!
;) :).

In all seriousness - minor blip but things should be good in this format until it’s launched right. Thankfully didn’t change things during hunting season. & this is the best part about a website that’s here for the people & NOT about making any $….. we can deal with little bumps & it’s still growing a lot as we have an amazing core of folks here. Back soon. It’ll launch all polished up & dialed in. I’ll probably never say there won’t be a tech issue - cause I never see things without them.
Keep posting in the “new website” thread for suggestions or any issues period. Thanks all!!! Have a great weekend with this gorgeous weather!!!

Man, I got really choked up when I read that your dog ran away.... :(

Seriously though, the content and community here has me hooked. Keep posting the progress reports on the multitude of farms there ... I find that fascinating.

Last edited:
I was able to make it to the turkey blind yesterday afternoon. 20 minutes into the hunt chair breaks had to quit! Back this morning with a different chair it breaks a hour into the hunt but it’s doable!

Put on a new house addition this winter lots of windows new siding new gutters three weeks ago hail damage on 6 new windows, some new siding broke, gutters dented. Some issues on new addition that nobody seems to care about !
Going to smoke some beef back ribs this afternoon I’ll probably dry them out…. oh well life is interesting! Better days are ahead Skip

Gotta ask..., what improvements are needed?
I find it (now) quite easy to navigate.
Good ? !!!!!…..
1) freshen & update look
2) want it easier & simpler to post pics
3) put anything in one spot…. Things that bring people here: social media, YouTube, etc. & more content of all types in one place And gear all in one spot.
4) ???? ______. I suck at tech. I’m horrible. So- my basic message with tech folks is: “make it easier, update it & keep improving on things that need to keep up with current technology”. They do know this stuff. I don’t. & I really do want: faster, better, simpler, more info & more appealing to all. I suck at tech BUT I do have a concrete plan of “we want stop til it’s better, easier & without issues”.

Damn Skip. Very few are more compuer illiterate then me.
I vote "keep it as it is".
The past 2 weeks about had me on suicide watch trying to veiw/follow this site!
I just cant imagine a new format being any easier?

Good ? !!!!!…..
1) freshen & update look
2) want it easier & simpler to post pics
3) put anything in one spot…. Things that bring people here: social media, YouTube, etc. & more content of all types in one place And gear all in one spot.
4) ???? ______. I suck at tech. I’m horrible. So- my basic message with tech folks is: “make it easier, update it & keep improving on things that need to keep up with current technology”. They do know this stuff. I don’t. & I really do want: faster, better, simpler, more info & more appealing to all. I suck at tech BUT I do have a concrete plan of “we want stop til it’s better, easier & without issues”.
Continuous improvement = continuous change.

Most of us resist change, myself included, but I look forward to the next try at this and we'll continue to be honest about what we like and don't like to help with the fine tuning process, and work out any glitches.

Damn Skip. Very few are more compuer illiterate then me.
I vote "keep it as it is".
The past 2 weeks about had me on suicide watch trying to veiw/follow this site!
I just cant imagine a new format being any easier?
We are twins separated at birth!! I am crap at computers & tech. I suspect if u & I did the website - it would be a 1990’s website that folks used dial-up to access. Trust me- I get what ur saying ;). There’s a combo between “new/updated” & “make it easier & more user friendly”, we r striving for.

Skip,

No worries on the glitches...they are going to happen especially in technology. Rome was built in a day!!! Just keep your tech guys grinding and eventually this will be the best site out there....wait....it already is with all the knowledge and insight that yourself and the members give. Its a marathon, not a sprint!!!!

Gotta ask..., what improvements are needed?
I find it (now) quite easy to navigate.
Hi gang,
We are working towards one, cohesive brand for Iowa Whitetail. Part of this involves getting everything on one website (store, blog, videos, forum), which we have accomplished now. I am working to bring the look of the forum into consistency with the rest of the website. Because our forum platform, Xenforo, is completely different from the rest of the site's platform, but mainly because of some personnel issues, that proved a bit more challenging than I'd hoped. So, in the coming months, we will roll out an updated look for the forum that matches the rest of the website now. But as I said in the other post, I will continue to make this current theme available for those of you that just cannot handle change. And I'll include instructions on how to set that theme if you don't already know. Hint, it's on your preferences page. Eventually, software updates will mandate a change no matter what… so it's just part of staying with the times. But I promise you, we will not roll out anything that isn't 100% tested and viewed by Skip and me as an improvement to the site. Thanks everyone!

Over the years, I've been forced to embrace the implementation of hundreds of new and improved software applications. (I've helped build out and implement several of them as well.) The ones that are simple to use and make people's lives easier are usually embraced. Those seem to be unicorns though. LOL.

If I ever retire, I can see myself pretty much only using my laptop and the internet to order stuff online. If I weren't behind a screen 8 hours a day, my internet presence would dwindle down to the bare minimum.

Top Bottom