Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Source for apple trees

letemwalk

I'm planning on putting in some more apple trees this spring. Are there any nurseries or other sources anyone knows of that has good stock at a decent price? Any suggestions or leads would be appreciated.

Try Hillcrest Orchards Hartford Mi. Dont waist your time unless you can put a FENCE around them!!

I think it is tytyga.com nursery in GA. They have 5, 15,and 25 glln trees and will ship bare root. Prices aren't too bad. I am trying some arkansa blacks and some braeburns. The wildlife group has 4ft trees. Yates, arkansas black and they also have a keiffer pear that I'm going to try this spring.

[ QUOTE ]
Miller Nurseries have a good selection of dwarf and semi-dwarf apple trees, if you want production asap.

http://www.millernurseries.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Their website does not do them justice. I recieve the mailing catalog, in which there is a "disease resistant" package offering. It is four trees that resist (not immune to!) common diseases. Assuming that you don't want to hassle too much with spraying your apple trees, I might suggest this package. Then again, I doubt if the deer care if the fruit is blemished!
grin.gif

One of the varieties in this package is Jonafree: Miller Jonafree

I think another member of the package is Macfree. Another tree I might consider is Haralson: Minnesota A variety that supposedly breaks limbs yearly with it's prolific fruit set. In the timber, who cares if it looks nasty from breaking limbs and those limbs that fall are within the deer's reach. Maybe one of the better things to come out of Minnesota?
shocked.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

Hilltop nurseries Hartford Michigan 1-800-253-2911 or 1-800 632 2951. HUGE NURSERY!! Remember if ya dont FENCH it They will EAT IT!!!

Top Bottom