Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sources for AA lithium batteries?

Rous14

PMA Member
Hey guys, I’ve been buying energizer lithium aa’s for my trail cams through Amazon. Can get 100 packs so I liked that. Problem is I’ve been reading poor reviews and experiencing some bad batts myself that don’t last very long through amazon. Wondered if anyone had a good, reliable, reasonably priced source for them?

Hey guys, I’ve been buying energizer lithium aa’s for my trail cams through Amazon. Can get 100 packs so I liked that. Problem is I’ve been reading poor reviews and experiencing some bad batts myself that don’t last very long through amazon. Wondered if anyone had a good, reliable, reasonably priced source for them?
Those things have gotten CRAZY expensive!!! About 3X as high as they were pre Covid!!

Those things have gotten CRAZY expensive!!! About 3X as high as they were pre Covid!!
They sure have. Frustrating! Hopefully someone knows of a good source to get them. Can always just go to different big box stores but they seem to rarely have a good quantity and are higher priced than Amazon sources.

I started using (Amazon) Energizer Lithium AA in all of my cams a few months ago. Just starting to realize how incredibly bad and inconsistent these batteries are. I’ll be switching back unless someone can recommend a reliable brand.

The best places to buy them are Costco, Sams or BJ's. I paid $34 for a pack of 18 recently. I've also had bad batches of batteries at these locations so it must be energizer and not Amazon products that are to blame.

Prices are crazy for sure. I just bought a Tactacam rechargeable lithium battery pack for $49. Hoping it's a good investment with the solar panel. I have 8 other cams that I use with AA's, at least the lithium batteries last 5 times longer than regular AA's.

I shy away from the cardboard boxed ones as that is what the cheaper ones from amazon were and i suspect the same bad batches could end up at other sources. I plugged my nose and spent $3/ea this fall hopefully to ensure cameras don't crap the bed early on me. Something like $400 in batteries hurts. Definitely moving more to external/rechargeable batteries and solar.

I just use the energizer max. Cam has been up since Jan, over 3k pics and still going. I’m not running cell so I’m sure that makes a difference.

The best places to buy them are Costco, Sams or BJ's. I paid $34 for a pack of 18 recently. I've also had bad batches of batteries at these locations so it must be energizer and not Amazon products that are to blame.
Not sure what BJs is, maybe just an Iowa thing? Member at Costco and I don’t think I’ve ever seen the lithium AA’s there and I’ve checked quite a few times. Maybe I’m looking in wrong spot. Have never checked Sam’s as I’m almost never in one.

Not sure what BJs is, maybe just an Iowa thing? Member at Costco and I don’t think I’ve ever seen the lithium AA’s there and I’ve checked quite a few times. Maybe I’m looking in wrong spot. Have never checked Sam’s as I’m almost never in one.
Yes I think Costco may have stopped carrying them. Sam's and BJ's still stock them.. I do not think Iowa has a BJ's. I travel with work and usually pick them up elsewhere.

Top Bottom