Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

South Winds are killing Me

msauer933

I hate these south winds. I have limited points of access on a the main farm I hunt. These winds pretty much limit me to evening sits. Seems every year we are getting more Southerly winds.

Last edited:
I hear you...throw in an east wind and I might as well stay in the cabin. Harrumph!

I am not saying do this- but I was having same issue- myself and 2 other friends hunted all weekend and had wrong winds for some stands. I have been buying the Buck bomb Doe in Estrus- and I spray my boots and when I get to my stand I spray the tree and my stand with it and all around me- We weren't winded a single time and not once had a deer spook while perfectly down wind- Its my cheaper version of ozonics:)

Its tough if you are the wind freak we all are. I too dont have good S wind stands either but have been taking chances with this calmer wind weve had. Have seen plenty of action and two mature bucks cruising down wind and they didnt pay any attention to it. Imo get in your best stands regardless most bucks are going to have their mind on other things. Take a chance

Top Bottom