Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Southeast Iowa hunting ground?

hawkman52302

I live in des moines county and I just started reading about bow hunting and got interested in it. I have never hunted but i think it sounds fun and i need a new hobby. I recently purchase a bow and have shot it at the range and on some 3D targets. The only thing i have not done is actually hunted. And that's because I do not have any hunting land. So i was wondering if there was someone out there who did have some. I work construction and am will to do handy man jobs or help with any projects you have in a trade. Or my wife is a great cook. I mainly just want to go put up a deer stand and sit in the forest and have time to myself. The trophy buck is just a plus. So if you think there is something we can work out please let me know. thanks.

I hope you find a place to hunt. But I warn you, that "Time to sit in the forest and have time to myself" you talk about is like crack. Welcome to the addiction.

Yep- go to http://www.farmandhomepublishers.com/ and order a plat book for your county. Spend several weekends knocking on doors in areas with lots of timber and good habitat for deer. You'll find something, I'd GUESS that you'll knock on 10 doors for every 1 yes or 2 that allow you to hunt. Couple weekends should do it.

If your construction job puts you in contact with farmers or rural landowners use those contacts. Talk to landowners that live close to public hunting or parks, those areas can have higher populations that damage crops.

Top Bottom