Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

southern iowa giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just stating the facts that I know. Hey if this is a ligit kill why dosen't the hunter come out offer to prove it was ligit ???????????????????? All he has to do is take a polygraph that will shut everyone up for good. I have been in his shoes just this year and the min I got accused I proved everyone wrong. That was the right thing to do.

I am just stating the facts that I know. Hey if this is a ligit kill why dosen't the hunter come out offer to prove it was ligit ???????????????????? All he has to do is take a polygraph that will shut everyone up for good. I have been in his shoes just this year and the min I got accused I proved everyone wrong. That was the right thing to do.

Why does he have to prove to you that he did it right? Why don't you prove that he was wrong and get him convicted?

Why does he have to prove to you that he did it right? Why don't you prove that he was wrong and get him convicted?

This is how it is supposed to be isn't it? As far as anyone that may have thought I was trying to "twist the law" in my earlier post about a blood trail, I wasn't and just posted what the regs say. An earlier post stated that you only have the right to trail if it is MORTALLY wounded. We all hunt and know the condition of the wound dictates how good the trail is, and that it may or may not expire quickly. There could just be specs of blood leading up to the neihboring property, does this mean that just because it isn't a gusher you loose the right to continue the recovery process? All I was pointing out is that we all have the right to follow up on a wounded animal. I have no dog in this fight either, just hate how people get accused of wrong doing and pressumed guilty before it is proven.

Last edited:

Absurd. Maybe the hunter is just stating the facts that he knows. If the guy poached it, I hope he gets caught. But, to suggest that every hunter that is ever questioned about his success should go take a polygraph test is moronic. He has nothing to prove unless someone can show that he must. A polygraph would not satisfy you unless it proved his guilt.

and when the guy would take the test, and passed it, you would then say he somehow lied on that...some people are never happy...i say congrats to the hunter until proven guilty, which may never happen. And you can trail onto property no matter what, so some of you people that say they would need a game warden, if they crossed and you tried getting charges pressed against them, you would get laughed at. Trust me, I trailed a deer across a property line, following a blood trail in the snow. The guy hates deer hunters, and tried getting charges pressed. The dnr came out, looked at it, laughed, and told the guy he was stupid in a polite manner. Even the little specks is enough to trail, as in the case, the deers blood was freezing on its side, so I didnt have alot to trail, but it was dead in his property.

We know all the facts on our end. If this guy in fact shot it legal just come clean man up and prove it. After talking to the landowner that owns the pasture where he claims to have shot the deer he didnt have permission to even be on that part of the land. We got this from the dnr after they did there investigation "Oh we know him and his family this guy would not do this if he says he shot it legal then he did. Come on give me a break. The hunter is trying to keep this low key as possible so it will blow over. All we want is the truth. There is a neighbor that has trail cam pics of this deer and sheds. He called the guy willing to give him the pics and he wont even return his calls. He wont even talk to some of his friends about it. If I shot this deer legal I would tell everyone about it and want as many pics as I could get. The facts just dont add up. You guys can all sit on here and say what you want only about 5% of you will agree with me and wont say a word the rest will just keep it going to argue. I am not on here to argue with any one everyone has there own opinion of what happened. We just want the truth to be known.

We know all the facts on our end. If this guy in fact shot it legal just come clean man up and prove it. After talking to the landowner that owns the pasture where he claims to have shot the deer he didnt have permission to even be on that part of the land. We got this from the dnr after they did there investigation "Oh we know him and his family this guy would not do this if he says he shot it legal then he did. Come on give me a break. The hunter is trying to keep this low key as possible so it will blow over. All we want is the truth. There is a neighbor that has trail cam pics of this deer and sheds. He called the guy willing to give him the pics and he wont even return his calls. He wont even talk to some of his friends about it. If I shot this deer legal I would tell everyone about it and want as many pics as I could get. The facts just dont add up. You guys can all sit on here and say what you want only about 5% of you will agree with me and wont say a word the rest will just keep it going to argue. I am not on here to argue with any one everyone has there own opinion of what happened. We just want the truth to be known.

I really do not have a dog in this fight and I don't know thing one about the circumstances of this kill other than what I have read on this post. Clearly there are strong feelings surrounding this buck and at least some people suspect it was taken illegally. (Again, I personally have no idea whether it was or not.)

But I do NOT think that anyone is obligated to prove their kill is legal, etc, to anyone else. If there are irregularities or good reason to be suspicious of the hunt, then ask the CO to investigate it based upon actual facts or proof of wrongdoing or even evidence of some sort that suggests that a law(s) was broken. Otherwise, I think it is poor form to make essentially anonymous posts on a website insinuating that someone else behaved unethically or illegally.

If we change our "formula" in this country to one that obligates all of us to prove our innocence against whatever charge(s) may be leveled against us then that would be a terrible and very dangerous thing in my mind. If it was truly poached then I hope that a responsible investigation leads to a conviction and so forth. If you have some facts that indicate that something is illegal then take them to the proper authorities.

I could go both ways on this subject. Last year there was a large deer taken around wayne county and some of the guy's story just didnt add up. lots of people around here where pretty mad about the whole deal and wanted answers. But on the other hand I dont think everyone should have to prove they killed their deer legally, you should have to prove they DIDNT kill it legally.

So, the landowner is pressing tresspassing charges??? If not, why??? Could it be that he wasnt clear about what "that part" of the land was??? Or maybe he just didnt care??? Or, the hunter actually had permission. I just think everyone gets a little bit sick and tired of these "he shot MY deer" threads and throwing around allegations that arent substantiated. Again, if he is guilty, I hope he is charged. But, until then, you really should have kept this to yourself. It definitely shows poor character to start spouting off on a public forum and possibly libel an innocent man. Keep in mind, that is a chargeable offense and could be quite costly for you. Maybe he is just sitting back and letting you dig yourself in deeper and deeper. Or maybe, if all is ligit, he doesnt feel you or your friends deserve any explanation. In which case, you really dont.

This thread has gone on a lot longer than I thought it would.What it all boils down to it...If a legit hunter shoots a deer and its all legit he would be more than willing to step forward and prove it.If there is a problem or something is fishy about the kill he will sit back and say "prove it".
I personally know a guy in s/e Iowa that has killed 18 B&C bucks..everyone in the world knows he didn't shoot a single one of them legally.Everyone in Iowa has heard his name but no one can catch him red handed.So is he innocent of it or just a good enough poacher to not get caught.
If this guy shot the deer legally he should step forward and shut the haters up.Untill then take the abuse he desreves.

This thread has gone on a lot longer than I thought it would.What it all boils down to it...If a legit hunter shoots a deer and its all legit he would be more than willing to step forward and prove it.If there is a problem or something is fishy about the kill he will sit back and say "prove it".
I personally know a guy in s/e Iowa that has killed 18 B&C bucks..everyone in the world knows he didn't shoot a single one of them legally.Everyone in Iowa has heard his name but no one can catch him red handed.So is he innocent of it or just a good enough poacher to not get caught.
If this guy shot the deer legally he should step forward and shut the haters up.Untill then take the abuse he desreves.

This may go beyond absurd. I defy you to "prove" any one of your deer were taken legally. (assuming you have killed a deer) If you cant, do you deserve abuse? How does one go about proving something like that?. I killed a great buck in November with my bow legally. However, I know of no way that I could prove that to you beyond a doubt. Do you??? This is beyond ridiculous. I am not taking sides as I really dont care about the deer in question or the hunter. But, this finger pointing and asking for proof is quite juvenile. Sounds like the kind of reasoning and argument my sons used when they were in gradeschool.

This is why I let all the 250" deer walk. As Im looking at them at full draw I think to myself is it really worth it. Then I let them walk and shoot 150-160 class deer no body will raise a ruckus about that. I believe I let 6 bucks walk that would go between 230 and 270 but hey maybe when they reach 300" It will be worth the trouble. I all I can say is if one of these deer wander of my 5000 acre farm and get shot by someone they better darn sure be able to prove 100% to me that they killed it legally or else it will be illegal if I say so.

HAHAHAHA

Scottonbuck wins the award for the funniest post in this thread! :) :) :)

That was a good one! :grin:

This is why I let all the 250" deer walk. As Im looking at them at full draw I think to myself is it really worth it. Then I let them walk and shoot 150-160 class deer no body will raise a ruckus about that. I believe I let 6 bucks walk that would go between 230 and 270 but hey maybe when they reach 300" It will be worth the trouble. I all I can say is if one of these deer wander of my 5000 acre farm and get shot by someone they better darn sure be able to prove 100% to me that they killed it legally or else it will be illegal if I say so.

I know one thing, if I ever did shoot a buck that big, I would have the CA go with me to get it so he or she would know it is all legit from the get go. :way:

If we change our "formula" in this country to one that obligates all of us to prove our innocence against whatever charge(s) may be leveled against us then that would be a terrible and very dangerous thing in my mind.
EXACTLY!!! I feel like I go through enough bull$*%t after the shot.

I guess the word "PROVE" isn't exactly the word that should be used here.
If I shot a buck and someone called the game warden and said he thought I shot it illegally.I would expect the Game warden to come knock on my door.At that point I would answer all question that were asked.Take him and show my stand site,where the deer was standing when shot,where the trail ended,gutpile,bloody arrow,tags and license.That should be enough proof.I wasn't talking about a DNA test or a jury trial.
If there WAS something I did wrong I would obviously say "prove it".
There is a few thing i am adimitly against...woman beaters,child molesters,thieves and game and fish law violaters.

I guess, thankfully, I will probably never be in position to shoot a buck like that. I would never want a deer to be a big part in defining my life.... I guess I am a little dissappointed that hunting has turned into such a hard feelings, anger, etc. sport. The true reason most of us hunt can't really be explained. It is something inside us, in our nature that we appreciate the animals we hunt, the scenery and surrounding we hunt in and the gift we have in being able to experience the grace and pureness of nature.

I guess this thread just dissappoints me in regards to hunters as sportsman..... maybe I would feel differently if this buck was shot in my neighborhood....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom