Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

southern iowa late rifle (meatlocker) update???

I went down to SW IA this weekend. The group of us (3) shot 1 shed buck out of 3 deer. The other two ended up being does. Also, the group we hooked up with shot a shed buck and a button buck. I found a nice shed on one of the pushes out.

The whole idea of hunting in January seems crazy to me........

This idea is extra crazy. LOL

because #1 lots of them hunt like that during shotgun, #2 they were wearing blaze orange #3 (and this is the most damning evidence) Three trucks had deer in the back.
I was wondering how those shotgun hunters always got the big ones, guess i know now.

Yep all it takes is a truck, a box of cheap slugs, and a good pair of bolt cutters.

That's exactly how they hunt around us as well. I have witnessed it, I have seen them shoot deer, call the CO and he can never seem to make it down.

O well. At the rate their going, they'll have everything killed out anyways, so it won't matter.

I already have all that stuff cant wait to try it out next year:way:

Dude, seriously, I don't know what is stuck up your ass so far, that you have to come on here and act like a complete ass. WE GET IT, YOU SHOTGUN HUNT, but also, you are hunting a season that 99% of all drunk, irrational, don't give a crap about anything but themselves group, and yes, shotgun hunters get labeled.

Now before anyone jumps my butt on how great their group is and how they do if for tradition, yes I know there are groups out there that do it the right way, but there are FAR more groups of slop POS hunters out during shotgun season. And I'm not talking about the small group of hunters on this site, I'm talking STATE WIDE.

Anyone want to see shotgun season through my eyes? Come on down to Ringgold county and I will show you at least 100 trucks full of drunks chasing deer shooting at them with rifles, and pulling up next to timbers and dumping a 30 round clip out of an AR to "get the deer running".

Dude, seriously, I don't know what is stuck up your ass so far, that you have to come on here and act like a complete ass. WE GET IT, YOU SHOTGUN HUNT, but also, you are hunting a season that 99% of all drunk, irrational, don't give a crap about anything but themselves group, and yes, shotgun hunters get labeled.

Now before anyone jumps my butt on how great their group is and how they do if for tradition, yes I know there are groups out there that do it the right way, but there are FAR more groups of slop POS hunters out during shotgun season. And I'm not talking about the small group of hunters on this site, I'm talking STATE WIDE.

Anyone want to see shotgun season through my eyes? Come on down to Ringgold county and I will show you at least 100 trucks full of drunks chasing deer shooting at them with rifles, and pulling up next to timbers and dumping a 30 round clip out of an AR to "get the deer running".
Isn't that the truth!? I dont care if you are a shotgun hunter the stuff that happens around Ringgold is not even remotely sporting. I am forced to police farms for three weeks in december while i could be out enjoying myself duck or goose hunting. The stuff i see: people shooting out of windows, running down deer in open fields with trucks, slugs being lobbed off of the roads into our farms, guys shooting in the direction of their buddies. Its like every crack head in the state comes out of the wood work. Thats why I have no respect for the vast majority of shotgun hunters I encounter, they have no respect for private property, no concept of safety, and have no care in the world for sportsmanship. So bowtech I'm not sure how you can find some argument in this, but you probably will since more than likely your the type of person i described above or you just enjoy being an internet hardass.

Isn't that the truth!? I dont care if you are a shotgun hunter the stuff that happens around Ringgold is not even remotely sporting. I am forced to police farms for three weeks in december while i could be out enjoying myself duck or goose hunting. The stuff i see: people shooting out of windows, running down deer in open fields with trucks, slugs being lobbed off of the roads into our farms, guys shooting in the direction of their buddies. Its like every crack head in the state comes out of the wood work. Thats why I have no respect for the vast majority of shotgun hunters I encounter, they have no respect for private property, no concept of safety, and have no care in the world for sportsmanship. So bowtech I'm not sure how you can find some argument in this, but you probably will since more than likely your the type of person i described above or you just enjoy being an internet hardass.
Sounds like you guys live in a bad part of the state! Im not one of those people you are describing and i dont know too many people like that where i hunt. You guys get on here and put all shotgun hunters in the same boat. Sounds like jealousy to me. You couldve just dropped it but no everyday you have to get on here and complain about how other people hunt. Maybe if you put as much time into hunting as you did complaining you would have better luck. To be honest with you i dont think hunting with a muzzleloader is all that challenging either. You watch where they feed, sit in a blind or stand, and wait for them to come out. In your lap you have a muzzleloader which is easily capable of making 250 yard shots. C'mon man give the poor deer a chance. But this might not be you either i have a feeling you are on here complaining all the time because you need an excuse because you cant get in done. Ha interned HARDASS:D

Sounds like you guys live in a bad part of the state! Im not one of those people you are describing and i dont know too many people like that where i hunt. You guys get on here and put all shotgun hunters in the same boat. Sounds like jealousy to me. You couldve just dropped it but no everyday you have to get on here and complain about how other people hunt. Maybe if you put as much time into hunting as you did complaining you would have better luck. To be honest with you i dont think hunting with a muzzleloader is all that challenging either. You watch where they feed, sit in a blind or stand, and wait for them to come out. In your lap you have a muzzleloader which is easily capable of making 250 yard shots. C'mon man give the poor deer a chance. But this might not be you either i have a feeling you are on here complaining all the time because you need an excuse because you cant get in done. Ha interned HARDASS:D
Thats funny because i put in a lot more time into hunting than you ever will. I have nothing to be jelous of, nor am i constantly complaining. What i bitch about is people who have no respect or regard for laws, property, or the wildlife. Which in my area is a large chunk of the people that go out shotgunning. Also i have to say that as a former shotgun hunter growing up, hunting with a muzzleloader is more challenging IMO.

I'll apologize for my comment, but come on, give it a rest on the shotgun hunters. You do realize you are hunting the biggest season in the state of Iowa? There fore bringing out more of the slob hunters than any other season? So, no, I am not "lumping" all shotgun hunters together, I am however, lumping all slob hunters together.

How many complaints go on state wide about large groups tresspassing, shooting deer and dumping them, over shooting bucks, fights, people getting shot, vs any other season that the state has to offer?

O yeah, and as far as me being jealous of a shotgun hunter, REALLY? SERIOUSLY??????

Top Bottom