Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Speaking of Steaks?

in the season til Sep 1 as much as ya want.if you have a
license...Sep1 to Oct 1 you can only have 25lb per person..

Now if you don't carry a hunting license your can only have 25lbs per person in the household..NO MORE THAN THAT

But yet they say you HAVE to have all meat consumed by September that you killed the year prior???
This was a huge deal with my court case a while back...too many gray areas here also.

But Law is the Law, so ya better ge the Iowa code book out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make the rules as they go. </div></div>

Please elaborate???? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

From pages 12,13 of hunting regs:

Possession and Storage of Game and Hides

You cannot possess game or furbearing animals
or their pelts, except deer venison, for more
than 30 days after the close of the season for that
species. A person in lawful possession of deer
venison taken with a valid license, may hold the
venison until the following September 1. From
September 1 until the first day of the next deer
open season for which the person holds a valid deer
hunting license, the person shall not possess more
than 25 pounds of deer venison.
Any person may possess up to 25 pounds of deer venison if the deer
was lawfully obtained

To me that says there is no limit until Sep 1 with a license. After Sep 1 or w/o license, 25 lbs.

Just thought I would give a few thoughts on this law...

1) Many states have this law and it's old! They didn't dream it up last year to hassle people /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif There were created during a time when deer numbers were low and folks were filling there freezer before season.

2) I don't know the details of this law but please remember that our IDNR does not make up all the laws, many are created by our legislators and all generally must go before the NRC folks.

Nobody is sitting around thinking...hey! I got a great idea to "hang" hunters with... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

3) No IDNR CO that I know of is going to run around checking freezers, believe me it's the last thing on their minds.

BUT

if you break the law, if they have been watching you, if they have serious concerns that you may be poaching wildlife (for instance) then you better believe when they catch you...they will thow the book at you! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

We have fish and game laws for a reason and we have great men and women who uphold them. Obey the laws and none of them will ever have a reason to look in your freezer... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

[ Obey the laws and none of them will ever have a reason to look in your freezer... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/quote]

But remember, you could b a stand up guy (I love that phrase) but then piss someone off, they go and call in a fake TIP report and BOOM they are in ur freezer.
Next thing ya know little stuff adds up that the normal hunter would never know. Like Gray areas and BS rules that are'nt it the reg book..
Just my coins.

This is gonna sound like a Knee slapper, Toe Tapper.....but they told me once they had a special lab to test for ages of dead turkes and meat and bla , bla , bla..

Really I'm not lying..

Oh ya and when I asked for results from the lab, they tucked thier tails between thier legs.....and then gave my Lawyer a Hi-5

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rookie hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How are they going to know if you didn't just buy some beef from a private party or if it is a previous deer? </div></div>

DNA...State Police lab will test anything for them if it is questionable.

Meat (venison) processed at a locker is marked when packaged and most folks don't butcher their own beef so it's really not that hard to figure it out. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

BTW...you can always call your local CO and get a permit to keep extra venison (over the 25#'s) if your concerned about it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom