Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

special lake hunts

B

boatman

Have any of you ever hunted in a "normally closed to hunting" area? The local lake here has a season this year to thin out the over population of does.

Kinda curious as to how it works out, do you have alot of run-ins with recreational park users? Other hunters?
Stands stolen?

I know of several other southeast IA lakes that have had special seasons, this is why I asked. This year will be a first for me in a public enviornment.

Thanks

Lake Manawa has had one the past three years now and it has been successful.They do put up notices for the recreational park user's notifying them that the hunt is in these certain areas.Last year here they had 34 out of 37 tags filled without incident of injury.I haven't heard of anyone getting a stand stolen.I know that some guys I know still hunted and did fairly well.They also had one at another refuge area and filled all 8.

boatman,
If your from Osky I'm sure you know about lake darling. I had a friend that hunted there a couple of years back and he enjoyed it no problems that I know of.

Top Bottom