Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Special Treat for 2012

Greekhawk

I had a thread up before with a very long story. Here is the cliff notes version, last year a friend approached me about a velvet whitetail hunt. My first thought was I'm in! However the little guy on the shoulder said check with your soon to be wife. Since my College graduation was approaching I wanted to do something special for my graduation, my wife agreed it would be a good Idea YEAH!!!. anyway long story short coming up to our second to last sit without seeing a deer that I could shoot I was pretty bummed but I knew the guy upstairs had my back. About 1945 he stepped out, I immediately knew which deer he was, and boy was my heart racing. he stepped out in the corn and I didn't have the greatest shot but my guide told me to put a shot in him. I knew right away it was a bad shot, right in the liver. Thankfully he didn't move much! My guide and I switched windows and with in the 2 seconds he dissappeared. My heart sank. Both of us were glassing the field, then I saw a speck of brown!! a few seconds later he stood up again, one more shot at 100 yards and he piled up. I must say it was an awesome hunt, and I can't wait to get the mount back, I have something special planned for this guy. Hope you all enjoy!

picture.php

You deleted your last thread, why? Never got the answer to my question this was a high fence buck correct? You said it was in Iowa...

It was in Wisconsin. And I deleted the last post because I didn't want to have you read a novel. Yes it was a high fence, It's illegal to take a velvet buck in Wisconsin. I will tell you that it was as close as a guy could get to a fair chase hunt in a fenced operation though. A lot of the high fene operations go out buy deer and put several of them in the pen, this guy raises the deer, there were a small amount of deer on 120+ acres, and it was either corn or woods.

Thank guys it sure was a neat experience.

Where the heck are the mass pics on this dude! Thats what is so impressive of this deer. Holding the rack on this guy yesterday hes a heavy son of a gun! 177"!

Im not sure either. The palmation is on the opposite side, is that possible? But he said he only had one palmated buck

Top Bottom