Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Speed Loaders

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
I'm looking for any reviews of speed loaders to be used with Blackhorn 209. Looking to hear some of the good and the ones to stay away from. Gonna be making a trip to get some this weekend and looking for opinions.

I just buy the yellow or green ones that have snap caps that are connected on each end. I just put the 110 grains of powder in them only. I carry the speed loaders with power in left pocket. I put all my bullets / primers in right pocket. It takes too much time to grab a bullet out of a speed loader in my opinion that is why I keep them in my pocket.

pour powder down barrel, drop in bullet, push down. Throw in a primer and good to go.

Make sure the speed loaders you decide to purchase will hold the amount of powder you intend to shoot.

Not all speed loaders will hold 120 or 150 grains of powder. :)

probably a dumb question: but is there any real difference between these speed loaders and the plastic cylinders that 777 pellets come in? I have always kept these and just load my projectile backwards, and whatever powder charge I want behind. Is the speed loader basically the same thing?

I'm shooing 120 grains of Blackhorn 209 and couldn't find speed loaders to hold that much powder. I went to the camping section of Walmart and bought 3 of the little orange containers that hold matches. They are sealed with an o-ring to keep the moisture out. They work perfect.

Top Bottom