Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Speeding tickets

bkcrrtnps

Just moving to Iowa a yr ago and racked up 4 tickets all by traffic cam on 4 lane highways within city limits. Neighbor just told me they suspend license at 4, what do u guys know. I hope not because I have to drive 95 miles each way to work to provide for my family....

I don't think they suspend your license. Its a non moving violation, because they can't prove who was driving!

I thought the tickets given by cameras were considered "non-moving" violations since they were unable to prove you were the one driving. That's what I think...

You could consider yourself a "pioneer" on getting 4 tickets in a year to see exactly what does happen, so us other members can learn from you. Thanks for taking 1 for the team...wait 4 for the team.

I dealt with same thing!
Camera tickets do not count. Call to DOT or attorney suggested and verify. The rule is.... 3 violations 15 or over in 1 a year- probation- one more ticket in 1 year - license gone. Driving 60k miles a year 4 years ago I had the issue - was hard to not get tickets on all the speed traps on highway 35. Never gave me a break. Got a lawyer and he pointed out 2 of the tickets were 9 over and 11 over for those 2 - the DOT screwed up and I didn't lose my license. Haven't had a ticket in 4 years now. Also- Valentine one is a big help though too :) Really works amazing, almost full proof unless cops flip on radar, camera things or planes - other than that- works almost perfect. Sure, can say to not speed but a guy who puts on 50, 60k a year - it's tough to not speed a few times a week then just a matter of wrong place, wrong time. Personally, when it's on highways where I see few, if any accidents ever (except ice/snow conditions) - I simply see it as a revenue increaser and a huge waste of officer's time that have far bigger fish to fry.

I dealt with same thing!
Camera tickets do not count. Call to DOT or attorney suggested and verify. The rule is.... 3 violations 15 or over in 1 a year- probation- one more ticket in 1 year - license gone. Driving 60k miles a year 4 years ago I had the issue - was hard to not get tickets on all the speed traps on highway 35. Never gave me a break. Got a lawyer and he pointed out 2 of the tickets were 9 over and 11 over for those 2 - the DOT screwed up and I didn't lose my license. Haven't had a ticket in 4 years now. Also- Valentine one is a big help though too :) Really works amazing, almost full proof unless cops flip on radar, camera things or planes - other than that- works almost perfect. Sure, can say to not speed but a guy who puts on 50, 60k a year - it's tough to not speed a few times a week then just a matter of wrong place, wrong time. Personally, when it's on highways where I see few, if any accidents ever (except ice/snow conditions) - I simply see it as a revenue increaser and a huge waste of officer's time that have far bigger fish to fry.

It's hard for someone to understand when they don't drive the miles. I put on 50-60 thousand a yr and its impossible to see every change of speed sign when your watching traffic and everything around you.... Thanks Sligh I feel a little better now! For all they know my wife could have been driving my truck....

Your own fault. After my first video ticket in Cedar Rapids I slowed down, problem solved.

Your own fault. After my first video ticket in Cedar Rapids I slowed down, problem solved.

Some of you guys are geniuses, no kidding its my fault and I need to slow down. I didn't ask how to stop getting tickets.....

I used to run 70-75 through Cedar Rapids all the time until they put up the cameras. Now its 65 up until the camera then 60ish through them, once past them, its back to green flag racing

They can't suspend your license as they can't prove it was you driving the vehicle. No worries there

There is no such thing as going w/ the flow of traffic. If an officer wants to single you out for a ticket - he can & will. If you are above the speed limit you are in the wrong. I'm in the Sioux City area & we have the speed cameras on I-29 which is in the process of becoming a 6 lane interstate. There is a speed camera at each end of the construction, north & south. It amazes me to watch all the cars that drive right by the cameras doing over 55mph. There are signs everywhere warning people about the cameras...for miles. Cars coming out of South Dakota are getting hammered.

Then when you get in city limits we have a ton of redlight cameras. Be careful over here :way:

Just moving to Iowa a yr ago and racked up 4 tickets all by traffic cam on 4 lane highways within city limits. Neighbor just told me they suspend license at 4, what do u guys know. I hope not because I have to drive 95 miles each way to work to provide for my family....

But really how does the traffic camera thing work. What if a family member drove the car or a buddy etc etc etc. Just because the car is registered to you its your fault. How does a camera know when to radar you if the traffic is abundant? If 6 cars are all going 10mph over the speed limit is that camera honestly being able to radar all 6 within seconds or even simultaneously. I personally think it's just another way to get revenue, but come on.

But really how does the traffic camera thing work. What if a family member drove the car or a buddy etc etc etc. Just because the car is registered to you its your fault. How does a camera know when to radar you if the traffic is abundant? If 6 cars are all going 10mph over the speed limit is that camera honestly being able to radar all 6 within seconds or even simultaneously. I personally think it's just another way to get revenue, but come on.

The person/company that owns the vehicle will receive the ticket in the mail from the camera operations. It is their responsibility to pay it, no matter who was driving. Imagine owning a company with over 30 vehicles driven by multiple people and getting one of these tickets in the mail. Tickets from cameras, as others have said, do NOT go on your driving record though.

Top Bottom