Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SPIDERS

RichardM

Man i hate spiders not scared of them just dont like them. I was coming of the hill today on my 4 wheeler with a bucket of apples on the back trying to drive with one hand and hold on to the bucket with the other when i drove threw a web that i didnt see if that doesnt suck enough there was this black woolly damn spider right between my eyes the first thing was i went crosseyed and instead of doing the smart thing stop or change hands or let go of the apples i take my hand of the steering and try to swat the eight legged little hairy freak and almost put the 4 wheeler over the bank after i got the rig stopped the little creep was no were to be found so i guess spider one me zip. sorry just had to rant a bit.

I'm with you Buckshot. Not sure I am scared of them, but I have a disturbing phobia of them. If i were on that 4 wheeler and had that booger land between my eyes, I would have punched myself unconscious trying to kill it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man i hate spiders........ eight legged little hairy freak </div></div>

agreed, most nasty creatures on the face of the earth....

(full body shiver]

Little tip I use in this situation, I took an old 3' CB antenna and zip tied it to the front rack on the 4 wheeler, it takes out all the spider webs ahead of me. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Imagine if they crossed a tick with a spider.

I've smooshed more spiders in the house this year then ever before. The cat acts as a pointer and I flush 'em and smoosh 'em. I guess I probably live, can't say "own" 'cause nobody really "owns" a cat, with the only pure bred barn cat spider pointer in the world. There are several more of her ilk running round outside. I anybody wants to own one of these potential pure breeds let me know, I have to say "potential" cause motherhood is an absolute, but fatherhood could be up to who ever was in the area at the time. If you can catch them you can have them. They have been training all summer on cicadas so they should be ready to hunt this spider season. Weapon of choice for smooshing is one of my wife's old sandals. Stiff enough to pack a whallop but flexible enough to get into corners and not leave marks on the wall. By the way, I can't garuntee these pure bred spider pointers aren't sandal shy. The sandals, after all, are foot ware and the cats are rather afraid of my footware (boots) on accounta there always seems to be a boot headed for their head.

The 'Bonker

Speaking of spiders, a friend found this one at work here in town a few weeks back. First I've ever seen around here.

How'd ya like that baby landing between your eyes. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Widow1.jpg

lol, that is very funny, just had to laugh out loud.sorry, yeh them suckers, i run into aleast one everytime i go bowhunting here lately

Yeah, try jumping in an Army foxhole down in Misouri. I got bit by a brown racluce (sp?). Left a nice 5 point scar on my arm that is visible to this day.

Ive gotten bit by a big wolf spider while out in my yard, and they hurt like hell.

Not scared of them tho, but I do squash them /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

if i got bit by a spider like that..... id prlly die on the operating table....

cant handle it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if i got bit by a spider like that..... id prlly die on the operating table....

cant handle it </div></div>

This is so true.....

I have seen Thomas run screaming like a little girl when he saw a spider the size of a quarter...hahaha /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I don't like them either, but I hate them with a passion and kill everyone I see..

Yuck!!

I can deal with big A$$ spiders but the ones the size of a quarter or smaller.... Forget it,, I'm out. They are way too small and way to scetchy to b fart'n around. They should b extinct. I killed a bunch of Brown Widow's when I was in Florida for my uncle . first time I had ever seen them.. There where about 13 or 14 that had made a nest type thing in a planting pot. NOT COOL.

If the one river bttm boy had a pic of would have landed on me im sure i would have crashed and burned. thats to much to handle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bucknduck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If i were on that 4 wheeler and had that booger land between my eyes, I would have punched myself unconscious trying to kill it.</div></div>
THAT is hilarious, but I'm wondering what happened to all the men that used to be on this forum? All this talk of scary-spiders and kitty-cats has me wondering. Maybe you ladies can start a new thread for a coupon and recipe exchange?

Even this one I found trying to break into the screened in porch. Thought it was a burglar with a crowbar at first. I felt under-guned with a 357... That's a full sized pint jar for reference.

P1010514.jpg
[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smart doe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bucknduck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If i were on that 4 wheeler and had that booger land between my eyes, I would have punched myself unconscious trying to kill it.</div></div>
THAT is hilarious, but I'm wondering what happened to all the men that used to be on this forum? All this talk of scary-spiders and kitty-cats has me wondering. Maybe you ladies can start a new thread for a coupon and recipe exchange? </div></div>

This chick rocks.

Mike I saw that black widow the other day in the overhead- pretty cool. They said it really attacks the crickets the're feeding it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smart doe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THAT is hilarious, but I'm wondering what happened to all the men that used to be on this forum? All this talk of scary-spiders and kitty-cats has me wondering. Maybe you ladies can start a new thread for a coupon and recipe exchange? </div></div>

hahaha
ok, that is funny

but id rather visit a weekly coupon exchange and wear drag to work than touch one of those nasty friggen things.....

(full body shiver)

I dont do spiders.... ever, they are scarry and yukky.....
i will totally admit to screaming lke a little girl and running the other way.....

if someone were to try and tease me by throwing a spider on or at me..... i black out and am not responsible for my actions....

(full body shiver #2)
(dry heaving)

At first I was hesitant to click on this thread all well knowing that there would be a picture of one of the nastiest creepiest things ever to scurry about the earth and at first I was like wow it is all people talking about spiders and then WHAM! Field Service and River bottom had to put up some disgusting pictures! I mean look at the glass on that black widow picture. The thing tried to scratch through it with it's fangs! heebeeejeebies

Field Service!!! Why would you ever let such a vicious thing get on the loose like that?! Did you not realize he was out of the jar? Especially having your hand that close to that thing!! What kind of friggin spider is that?! Looks like a maneater. I would deffinitely scream like a little girl at the sight of that thing.

Top Bottom