Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sporting good shops in SW IOWA???

sethgade280

I was wondering where people go to get archery/gun supplies in SW ia. If you need to get something quick, are there any places a guy could go to get those items?? This is the Clarinda, Bedford area. Thanks guys

we used to have kings in atlantic but they closed a few years ago. Its either Walmart or run to Council Bluffs to bass pro.

Seth, I live in Bedford and you don't have many options. Doug Still does own "Timberline Hunting Equipment" in Mt. Ayr. He does sell some equipment, but it is limited. I am going to have to run there tonight to pick up a box to ship a bow.

The only good part, we are at least two hours to about every city in the area (Omaha, KC, and Des Moines).

Would this be something people would utlize in this area?? Leagues, archery, sporting goods, camera, food plot mixes etc. I just see that the area is getting pretty pounded with hunting outfitters etc and I think that if there was a shop close by people could go to would be a great deal. Around here, the bow shops that sell beer and have leagues during the winter get alot of business. This area is saturated with these and they all are profitable. Just feeling you guys out.

Seth, I live in Bedford and you don't have many options. Doug Still does own "Timberline Hunting Equipment" in Mt. Ayr. He does sell some equipment, but it is limited. I am going to have to run there tonight to pick up a box to ship a bow.

The only good part, we are at least two hours to about every city in the area (Omaha, KC, and Des Moines).
There were some mornings I had trouble getting out of bed when I use to hunt in Mt. Ayr, when Doug had the bar up on the square. :drink1:

There is Black Bird Archery, Grizzlys Outdoors and Barrels & Bullets in Clarinda.

I think there is a new place that recently opened up in Bedford.

Would this be something people would utlize in this area?? Leagues, archery, sporting goods, camera, food plot mixes etc. I just see that the area is getting pretty pounded with hunting outfitters etc and I think that if there was a shop close by people could go to would be a great deal. Around here, the bow shops that sell beer and have leagues during the winter get alot of business. This area is saturated with these and they all are profitable. Just feeling you guys out.
Sounds like an awesome place wish I had a place to shoot indoors and drink beer when we were done

I hunt in bedford and I found that the closest guy was big birds baits and bow shop in Maryville Missouri. I would be nice to have someone close if a guy needed something in a pinch.

Not sure how close you all are to Eagleville, MO, but my best friend has a shop there with an indoor shooting range. Its on the square in Eagleville.

I go to nature craft achery and taxadermy in nebraska city...bow has a littel of averything...Great guy...His top bows on hand are mathews and bear...I can give you his number and directions if you like...

If any of you know Ty Green, I believe he is going to open up a bow shop and have an indoor range in Bedford. He recently got into taxidermy and is going to start doing it as well. Not sure what the ETA is on everything though.

Top Bottom