Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

spotting scope tripod

kstur

PMA Member
I am looking to buy a good tripod for my spotting scope. Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand I should look at and approximate cost?

Over the years I've seen/used a few different tripods ranging from cheap wally worlds to high dollar cabelas types. I think what makes the difference is the head you have your camera/scope on.

Are you looking for something to pack into the mountains or something that will be in the truck while you're out crusing around. If you're not carrying it long distances I'd be apt to go with a cheaper one.

Thanks for the help guys.I will be using it for summertime scouting and packing it in a half mile to a mile.I won't be doing much glassing from a vehicle.I have a cheap wally world tripod now and its pretty much junk,especially the head.I'm wanting something made sturdy and has a decent head.Can a 150$ to 200$ buy a good tripod?

We got a Vanguard TrackerII off Amazon, I know Scheels handles this line of tripods. Rock solid but the head is junk compared to something like a Bogen Manfrotto line of heads. It works and for $100 shipped it wasn't bad, I just wish you could replace the factory head on it...we'll figure out a way.

Gotta go with LoessHillsArcher, last fall, I bought a Vanguard AK-4 OS, which is a tripod with a handle for carrying and the only tripod with a detachable window mount. I got it a Sheels in Sioux Falls for under $50.00. Might want to check it out.....

Top Bottom