Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spotting scopes

CamoMan

Does anyone have any experience or good knowledge on the Burris Landmark spotting scopes? Specifically, the 15-45x60mm model. I've been looking at the Nikon Realtree in 15-45x60mm, and noticed the price on the Burris is quite a bit better. Sometimes that means lower quality, but I know that Burris produces some pretty decent rifle scope optics. Also, is there an optic difference in the Nikon Realtree model, and their Sky & Earth model? I haven't been able to find data on this. Thanks in advance for your input.

In that price range I would stick with Nikon. They have one of the best waranties out there. For just a little more than the Sky and Earth models I woul;d recommend the Nikon Spotter XL II. It is has great optics for the money.

I'm not sure if the models you are looking at are covered in this Hunting optics reviews. but since there has been a thread on muzzleloader scopes and this thread on spotting scopes, I thought I'd share the link.

I was at Scheel's tonight, and saw the Nikon Realtree model for $225. That's a kick-butt price, based on what they've been selling for elsewhere. I made sure my bride knows about it, because I'm pretty sure she wants me to have one . . okay, I just want it. They had the Burris Landmark for $179, and I'm going to go back in the daytime, and see how the two compare. For the $45 price difference, I think the Nikon has the edge - and the camo looks pretty good.

Top Bottom