Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spotting Scopes

I have one but it is far from "high-end". Come mid-July to Aug, it is a standard passenger in my vehicle. Mine is a fixed 20X Nikon model that is no longer made. Only spent about $190 on it cause of the fixed power rather than 15-45x that were in the $275 range. It's pretty rare that I can't tell what I am looking at with 20x here in the midwest.

I use mine all the time. It's a cabelas 20 x 60. I bought it off ebay for $400 I think they retail $500-600. It's a great spotting scope for the money there aren't to many in that price range. Seems like cheaper scopes are $50- 200, and I had a scope in price range and it was junk. Then most the better ones are $800- 2000, couldn't affford that. I guess what I'm just trying to say is if moneys an issue save and get a better one you'll be alot happier, and you can't go wrong with the cabelas scope. good luck!!

iw.l_header.jpg
398ibalogo_1_.gif

PMA Memberships and IBA Memberships & Renewals

hoofline.gif

A spotting scope and binoculars are standard equipment for me when doing low impact scouting during the summer and early fall. I always have both in my pickup.

I don’t carrying a spotting scope when Muzzleloader hunting, but I have used mine to look over deer from a distance from the truck. If I like what I see then the stalk is on. A spotting scope takes the guess work out it.

hoofline.gif

my spotting scope is ALWAYS in my truck and i'm glad I bought it a couple years ago its a Nikon dont know what the model number is but it was about 300 at scheels.... LOVE IT dont know what I would do without a spotting scope you can see the deer, or animal so much closer!

I bought an Alpen 20x60-80 because of the great reviews of good glass / lower cost. I really like it. If I had it to do over I wouldn't worry about the 80 power as I use it very seldom and find that it makes the scope larger than what I wanted to pack on a highcountry hunt. Overall, I would definately buy Alpen again.

Top Bottom