Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sprayer pump help

khopp4

So I build a 12ft boom with a 35 gallon tank that can hook up to the hitch of my atv with the tank sitting in the back of the ranger. I'm using a fimco pump but I've had nothing but issues. I've gone through 3 different pumps as ever time I'm done spraying and when I go to the next plot to start spraying again I have no pressure. The pump runs but nothing happens. Anyone have some advice or some place I can call to figure out my problem.

what kind of chemicals you running thru it? That will tell a lot - anything like atrazine, simizine, anything sticky or thick?

I had the same thing happen to my fimco 25 gallon sprayer this year.. was damn near ready to buy a new pump but then i noticed there is a little shutoff valve right where the suction line from the pump meets the tank and if you unscrew it, there is a filter screen on the pump side of that valve.. i would almost lay money all that is wrong is that screen is clogged. I took it out and cleaned it and sprayer worked like it was brand new! Before i cleaned that screen, it was just dripping out of the nozzles

we had the same thing as airassualt set on our four wheeler sprayer washed that up worked like new. We were using it with a wand and it would spray for a minute then you would lose pressure and have to stop. Until eventually it just quite working at all.

Yeah I would like to know if its on the actual pump as well. I dont think it is. I tore mine down a little trying to find a filter in or on the pump somewhere and didnt find anything. Mine isnt putting out the PSI it once was. Tips are all clean. A picture of where you guys are talking would be great.

Its not on the pump.. from the pump down to the bottom of the tank there is a clear plastic tube.. that tube has a twist lock ring on it where it goes into the shutoff valve with the little black flipper on it, that valve screws into the tank at the fluid pickup.. unscrew the black plastic ring at that valve and there is a little metal screen within that ring

Mine doesn't have that. I was able to get it working again by hooking up a y valve then have running water go into the pump when repressurized it. This doesn't seem to be a lasting solution though. From my knowledge nothing is clogged or blocked. Maybe.i just need a new check valve.

Ok.. so I jumped outta bed, grabbed my headlight and ran outside in my skibbies and took a pic of it.. the pic is in my profile gallery under 'turkey hunting '09'... i cant copy the url to attach it to the post with my phone so someone can attach it here if they want
. Im pointing to the ring you need to unscrew in the pic

If you dont have that screen, then your pump is probably plugged internally but there has to be an inline screen in it somewhere on the suction side or you will never get rid of the problem.. in that case, you could install your own aftermarket filter screen

Last edited:
I bet airassault is right. I have worked on a lot of pumps and I would bet anything that if your pump is running and you still have no pressure that your screen is clogged or you have some other glogge before your pump. Check all of your hoses very well.

Here is the picture I took last night. The filter screen is right inside of that ring... Unscrew the ring and bend the hose back so that you can see up inside of it and the screen should be there.

picture.php

The screen looks like this...

picture.php

that looks like the same problem that I had. Or if you have a filter in the the bottom of the tank were it goes to the motor possibly plugged but not for sure.

Top Bottom