Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spraying Weeds In Clover Plot

kjmosley

I am looking for recommendations as to spraying weeds this late in the year. I have a clover plot that was planted this spring and has gotten extremely weedy. I was prepared to spray it earlier with Arrest but due to when i could spray it was to wet I didn't get it done. Instructiions say to spray in early spring when weeds are actively growing. Will spraying now do any good or better off to wait until spring?

I just sprayed my newly seeded(early June) this past week...used clethidom and crop oil...my weeds were fairly tall but sprayed anyway...with that being said I'm going to wait about another week go back in and mow and then probably leave it for the remainder of this year...

I would mow it first & then spray. That way you are getting the weeds as they re-grow (actively growing).

This is what I would do too...at this point in the season. Mow it now, which will take care of a lot of the weeds, and then you could spray it with clethodim later this fall or even next spring if necessary.

Mowing now will knock out a lot of weeds, spraying clethodim on it will get the grasses and you should have a pretty clean field then.

Top Bottom