Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Squirrel hunting?

Rackmup65

How many of you are squirrel hunters on here? I was thinking about using my bow and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

I like to use the ACE hex heads. Be prepared to damage or loose an arrow or two.
grin.gif
If ya really want to make it fun, pick up a longbow or recurve and some cheaper wood arrows. It's a blast.

You might want to contact one of the guys on this site here. HCH.
I think he knows about squirrel hunting...
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

I have shot quite a few in my days, they are pests in town. I like judo heads, does a great job on them and keeps your arrow from burying in the grass. Field tips will not do a sufficient job on them at all times and even when shot from my 2nd floor 15' high sundeck and pinned to the ground, they may pull free and run up a tree with arrow and all. Judos pretty well keep them down and dead. Broadheads are overkill and too expensive IMO. I have never used blunts. Good luck and have fun with the tree rats. Same advice for rabbits too.
grin.gif

Thanks for the advice. I have hunting beagles and have yet to take my bow rabbit hunting. That may be my post deer season bowhunting from now on...

[ QUOTE ]
Judos pretty well keep them down and dead.
I have never used blunts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree with the Judos. I really hate the blunts. If you don't get a really good hit on them, the little criters run off into a thick spot and you can't find em.

Top Bottom