Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Squirrels and Cameras

Nontypcl1

I've been having squirrels chewing on one of my scoutgaurds lately. They've been chewing on the corners and pulling the access door off. Anyone know how to deter them. They are starting to really do some damage. I moved the camera for now but want to put it back in that area. I think I might just shoot every tree rat in the area.

I make a tin wrap around cover with a roof that extends out over the front for weather . Havent had any probs with tree rats now . Make a cardbord one first, figure out the shape so it can be a one piece and bend it to fit. Camo paint works great.

You shouldn’t be putting your cameras in our woods buddy.........Me and the boys are watching you!

picture.php

Last edited:
:D Great squirrel photos!

Try mixing cayenne pepper and water and spraying it on your camera. I use this mixture for keeping rabbits from chewing on shrubs in the winter and it might work for squirrels too.

:D Great squirrel photos!

Try mixing cayenne pepper and water and spraying it on your camera. I use this mixture for keeping rabbits from chewing on shrubs in the winter and it might work for squirrels too.
I think the rabbits around here must be from across the border because that never worked for me...pellet gun works wonders in town. :D:way:

Top Bottom