Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Squirrels and other critters to shot or not?

arrow flinger

Life Member
I have been tempted twice now this year to stick a squirrel with my bow while i was deer hunting. So far i have held back the temptation mainly becouse i do not like to clean them but they also offer some apriciated company some times. I have shot a rooster with my bow as seen below, just wondered what other people think about the other critters that walk around ya while in the stand.
bow%20pheasant.jpg

I have shot at raccoons, squirrels, foxes, coytoes, etc. while deer hunting. The farmer where I hunt wants these critters shot, especially the coons, so I do.

Although I once shot a fox and pinned him to the ground and then proceeded to use my other four arrows to finish him off while he was spinning around. Well I finally got the job done only to look up at a doe trotting into my shooting area with a real nice buck in tow. Bummer, no arrows left, I just had to watch.

Congrats on the rooster, I have missed about 3 of those boogers over the years, they are pretty shifty!

Top Bottom