Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ssb 3058

tslc

PMA Member
SSB 3058, MARKING DEER BLINDS. Allows the NRC to adopt rules requiring that man-made deer blinds and stands be marked with identification stickers. SNR subcom-Schoenjahn, Hahn, Ragan.

So they can send you a thank you note after they steal it?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
May help on public land with people sitting in your stand.
I may be wrong on this but, I think the State of Iowa thinks its alright to sit in someone else's stand on public ground. I don't hunt public and I'm not sure where I heard that.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Found out it is so if DNR finds a stand set-up over bait, they will either know who owns the stand, or if it's unmarked, can remove the stand.

Found out it is so if DNR finds a stand set-up over bait, they will either know who owns the stand, or if it's unmarked, can remove the stand.
It starts here then broadens to controlling your stand height, maximum distance between steps, safety rope and belt, inspections, licensing and on and on. Once again...only the law abiding hunter will have his info on his stand and the bait hunter will pack his stand in and out. I think the DNR is doing a little baiting of their own.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Perhaps having a name on the strand will help speed the identification process for the body at the base of the tree.

I don’t really see the value of tagging a stand. The only scenario I can come up with is the property owner who lets multiple people hunt their ground can figure out who is hunting where. But the owner of the ground could require the hunters hunting his ground to tag their stands so we shouldn’t need a law.

I dunno, sounds kinda needless. Sure it sounds like it is gonna aid the CO/DNR in potential baiting issues but how dumb would a law breaker have to be to leave behind their name and address at the scene of a crime?

Isn’t there a similar law about tagging ice houses that are left on lakes over night? Maybe that is in another state.

Sounds like a PITA to me. Going to have to come up with some kind of weather proof tag or stamp or engrave your stand. Won't accomplish much. I could see maybe requiring it on stands left on public ground but good luck convicting someone for baiting unless they catch them in the stand.

I'd personally like to see this regulation for public land. It might pursuad people to have some better manors. I think it would also help in having better compliance following the regs concerning the time frames you are allowed to have your stands hung. If I find a stand in a spot I like to hunt, it would be nice to be able to contact the person to see how often they're gonna be there. Our public lands are getting more use than ever.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
once again the DNR dealing with BS instead of dealing with real issues ie., trespass, shed stealing, coyote dogs, ect.

Sounds like this is progressing. What are the odds a person would place one of those small mineral blocks just out of sight with in range of another persons stand just to get rid of their competition or to ruin someones impeccable reputation. In my area I would expect it. When the DNR officer walks up to you when your in your stand and points out the out of sight mineral block how are you going to be able to explain that. Common sense says very few people that are breaking the law would ever leave their name on a stand.

Top Bottom