Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

St. Croix Rods

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Well this morning was one of those mornings that bring to mind that old country song that went something like... "if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all"....

I recently bought my first higher quality fishing rod.... a nice 6'6" St. Croix Avid Series Casting rod. Was anxious to try it out this morning..... to make a long story short... I BROKE the tip off the thing... about 4" from the end. I got snagged and after several attempts to free my lure I decided it was likely not coming loose so I reached up to pull on the line with my hand. I had a small amount of the tip in my hand and when the line broke my wrist suddenly twisted and I heard this gut wrenching snap. Was sickened to discover 4" of the tip in my hand... very shocked that it seemed to break so easily.

Anyone have any experience with these rods? I have been fishing for years and have never broken a rod..... very frustrating experience.

Anyone have any experience with St. Croix rod repair and service? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

For what a St. Croix costs I would think they'd replace it or else the place you bought it from will.

Dennis,
I have a couple of Croix and love em. Favor my Loomis's though. I have only had experience with Loomis which is second to none in my opinion with the way they handled "my son stepped on it". I recently got a limit creek "smoothy and love it. I am not much help for you but everyone breaks a rod now and then. Take it to Schrantz and tell him what happened and he will take care of you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I hate to say it but yes, i've had expereince too. Due to my own stupidity. There customer service is top notch in my opinion. Each series of rods comes with a different waranty. I have sent 2 diffent rods back, one a premier and one was legend elite. The premier was not under waranty (i think it had a 1 year at that time). I sent the rod in and got like 60% off of a new rod purchase as mine was no longer covered by waranty. When I sent my legend elite in (lifetime waranty) a new rod was shipped to me within a week. All i paid for was postage to ship it to The Land of Cheese (WI). Anyway, I've always had great luck with their service and waranty department, that's why I continue to purchase thier products. Good luck.

Check with your local sporting goods shop for a cardboard shipping tube, they might have one laying in back. Otherwise i've heard that PVC works great.

I've used St. Croix for years too. Only broke one rod, but their repair/customer service was excellent. They'll take care of you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take it to Schrantz and tell him what happened and he will take care of you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

He will help you out for sure.

i have several SC rods as well and love them, i know from personal experience that their customer service is outstanding, they will take care of you!

If you have an trouble getting a hold of anyone, let me know, i know a few of their guys!

Good luck!!!

I took the rod back to where I bought it... Great Outdoor Traditions here in Cedar Rapids. They sent it back for me as a warranty repair..... got a brand new rod back... only had to pay around $20 for shipping. Got it back in around 1 week..... needless to say, I am very happy with the customer service /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Great outcome...... when they pump out more than a billion rods a year, one or two will get a "weak backbone" that comes with the terrain... SC, FL's, LOOM .... they all do it.... so keep fish'n hard! Glad u got ur rod back.

Top Bottom