Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stabilizer ???

ZG

PMA Member
I'm looking to get a new stabilizer for Christmas and wanted some opinions on length/brand. The one currently on my bow is ~ 10 in long and difficult to hunt with since it hits just about everything around.

my best suggestion would be to go to a store and try several types. when i worked at scheels i would have a guy take his 5 favorite stabilizers home and shoot with them for a week and keep the one that worked best for him. personally i think that the 4 or 5 inch doinkers around the 6 ounce weight are the most popular ones that i sold. they're light, quiet, and do the job VERY well.

I actually think there is nothing wrong with the longer stabilizer. Kenny Yeater from Davenport Valley Archers promoted using them in one of the clubs fliers. Basically, your knocked arrow sticks out plenty farther than that stabilizer, so why not use a longer one? For treestand hunting in the midwest, that long stabilizer won't get in the way very much if at all. Now, if I was still hunting on an elk or other type of hunt, that long stabilzer might be a bad thing.

Top Bottom