Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stand and stick advice?? $150-200

bmazzo8

Hey guys and gals, just seeing if anyone recommends any certain stand and stick combos in the 150-200 range. Just acquired some new land to hunt and need to invest in more stands. Thanks!! Bob

On that type of budget I would run a smaller rivers edge, and a good set of Muddy, lone wolf or gorilla sticks.

That way you can afford some lighter sticks (easier sticks) and have a solid stand. I'd sacrifice a little extra weight in the stand to have nice sticks every day of the week.

I saw in Des Moines last weekend a Muddy Outfitter Lite stand for $90. Then go to Menards or Theissen's and get two or three sets of sticks ($35-40 ea) and you have to sets as long as you are good at getting stand up and down efficiently. I would also suggest getting the quick attach system offered by muddy when you get a little more more so it is easy to attach your stand to every set you have prehung. You can then just buy ladder sticks and quick attaches according to how many sets you want. I say put money in the stand so it doesn't make noise and so you don't have to leave serious money out unattended. It takes a bit more time but it's five minutes. The slight inconvenience is totally worth it in my mind. Good luck!

Go with a set of lone wolf sticks and a cheap used stand. You won't go wrong. Or spend a little more money and buy a used set of lone wolf sticks and stand. Best in the market.

I saw in Des Moines last weekend a Muddy Outfitter Lite stand for $90. Then go to Menards or Theissen's and get two or three sets of sticks ($35-40 ea) and you have to sets as long as you are good at getting stand up and down efficiently. I would also suggest getting the quick attach system offered by muddy when you get a little more more so it is easy to attach your stand to every set you have prehung. You can then just buy ladder sticks and quick attaches according to how many sets you want. I say put money in the stand so it doesn't make noise and so you don't have to leave serious money out unattended. It takes a bit more time but it's five minutes. The slight inconvenience is totally worth it in my mind. Good luck!

Nevermind, not the stand I thought it was.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Found out the new land already has a couple ladder stands I can use so I can afford to be patient and maybe pick up a nice used stand and sticks. In other news, passed a decent buck this morning because I jumped a real nice one the other day. Hope I don't regret it!!!

Top Bottom