Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stand Opinions

b0huntr147

Needing some opinions from you guys, I have friday to sit all day before the gun season starts here in Nebraska and I was wondering what your guys' thought were on best spots to sit with the rut going on. In the picture I have my stands marked with the approximate visibility traced out. Up is North.

I have cameras in the NE and NW corners but all my pictures are still at night so I have not see any deer from the stands so far. The green and blue lines are the stands that would have best visibility from them to hopefully see deer farther out. I can also only shoot into the field that the stands surround as well. To west is a county road with a creek about 300 yards on the other side.

Let me know what you guys think, i know my map is a little hard to read. Just looking for some opinions. I am looking at doing an all day sit friday with a possible stand change based upon any movement i see. Thanks in advance.

Are there any large timbers or bedding areas in the area? I'm kind of looking to see if there would be a bedding area to bedding area route that would be most likely for a buck to take in search for does. Can you hunt the West side of the creek?

unfortunately I can't, I can only shoot onto the 80 acres that is relatively center in the photo surrounded by this fence rows. I'll post up a more zoomed out picture with my property lines marked

Here is a zoomed out pic showing a couple of miles from my field (marked in red), this will be my last chance to hunt before rifle season as somebody else has the permission during rifle season

Also as side note, so far most of my bucks pics have been in the NW corner so I am kind of leaning towards somewhere over there but all the pics including last week have been around midnight.

Green stand. If bucks are still only moving through there at night even at this time of year, I would suggest trying to rattle, LOUD in order to get that sound to those thicket areas to the west and east. Hopefully you can get one's attention and bring him to you.

Top Bottom