Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stand THIEF.

gansomn

Anyone heard of someone stealing stands near county line road on des moines south side? I know this is taking a stab in the dark but I have turned up nothing. I went to take my stands out and one of my Gorilla stands and sticks were gone. My cable was cut and laying at the bottom of the tree. My bow holder and tie off strap are still in the tree. The hunter on the other property also has had several stands stolen.

I know its a risk hunting so close to so many people but if you have permission then hunt. I also know how many dirt bags do this kind of crap. It would be great to catch someone up in the tree doing this but that never happens. Like I said guys, just taking a shot here. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain man. This was by far my worst year for having gear come up missing. There are becoming a lot more guys entering the woods these days with no respect for others. It is hard to stomach for the guys who live and breath this stuff everyday of there lives. Good luck with nabbing these guys.

I lost a real nice summit hang on this year. took 3 sections of the sticks, left the bottom one laying there broke from bending it to get out of the frozen dirt and left my life line rope and harness strap hanging 20 foot up. So that was nice of them. Private ground that no one should be on.

well I would have to guess its the neighbors or someone who has recon on the private ground. they have to be there in the day light to find the stand. so either they steal it their first time in or have to come back to get it. what can it be worth for them to do it? its almost like they just want to run you out of the area.

Top Bottom