Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Staying Warm

At 10% body fat you should be able to put on a loin cloth, jump from your tree or from behind a bush and just run any deer to the ground. Good lord I gotta go on a diet!

I have issues staying warm regardless of what I do. My problem is I hover around 10% body fat so there isn't much to naturally stop heat from escaping and the blood from cooling off. I'm sure other lean guys can relate. Gonna add the thermocare heat wrap to the arsenal this year for sure!

Same here , I can look like the Michelin man out there with all my layers and still get chilly . Would like to try a IWOM however .

We've sold 8 of the heater body suits in the last two days - lots of hunters staying warm around here.

DarkArcher, save $250 and buy a pair of Military Mickey Mouse boots from ebay for a fraction of that number. Extremely warm and easy to walk in despite their oversized appearance. BTW, there are white and black mickey mouse boots. The white version is rated for colder weather.

Last edited:
DarkArcher, save $250 and buy a pair of Military Mickey Mouse boots from ebay for a fraction of that number. Extremely warm and easy to walk in despite their oversized appearance. BTW, there are white and black mickey mouse boots. The white version is rated for colder weather.

That is what I have used for the last two years. I bought them wider than normal for extra socks, but realized I needed the empty air space to fight condensation right against the skin.

I saw this thread yesterday and saw Limb's post about the therma care heat wrap. I already had a 1/2 day vacation scheduled for today and have tomorrow off. First thing I did when I got off was go to Walgreens and buy a couple boxes of the heat wraps...and some recees!. Lets just say from now on on cold days I will be wearing a therma care heat wrap. I was in the stand at 1pm and it is now 8pm and still wearing it actucally and it is still warm. Only thing I would recommend is if you have to go in a little ways to get to your stand wait until you are to the stand before putting it on.

I stopped by Walmart this evening and picked up chemical heaters. I guess last year I bought a waist band that you can put the chemical heaters in. I also bought a few of the therma-care patches that you can stick on. I am going to try wearing one across my upper back to see if it helps keep the muscles loose, in case I get to draw back.

I should get to test everything out pretty well tomorrow. I am sitting a ground blind for the first part of the morning and then hanging a stand right off a bedding area for the rest of the day, if the wind stays true.

Same here , I can look like the Michelin man out there with all my layers and still get chilly . Would like to try a IWOM however .

IWOM is the best investment I have made. Sitting out this past week in the wind and cold made me realize it. I would have never made it last year. IWOM is the way to go, and helps keep your feet warm.

For boots I recommend Baffin Titan Extreme's. They are made in Canada and are good to -148F they claim. I purchased a pair off of Amazon for $109. They are full rubber and unbelievably warm. For me warm feet and I can sit all day.

Top Bottom